Chapter five: "Waiting?"

I sat down on the kitchen counter waiting for myself to calm down I felt myself become hot and my arms tense while my body filed with a cold rush that began at me feet and rose. I took a deep breath and put my hands on my face. Then turned around to see Chresanto standing there watching me.

I cleared my throat before asking "W- what are you doing here?"

"Well I wanted to know if you are ok considering-well you know" he shied

“You probably think I’m cruel, vulgar and stupid” I croaked; as I walked towards the kitchen pouring two glasses of water and passing one to him.

“Oh thank you, I don’t think that at all I think you’re resourceful, sophisticated, smart and pulchritudinous” he chuckled then drank his water while laughing at me which caused him to choke.

“Uh?” I asked in my confused tune.

“Oh, pulchritudinous means beautiful” he verified.

He just had to say that; and make a bitch blush I looked like a coke can.

“Thanks” I said as I smiled. There was an awkward silence which was disturbed by Chresanto saying "you know, ray he didn't mean what he said... He was just being a brother an-" I cut him off, I just didn't wanna here the speech my mum gives me from this boy. 

"Yeah well whatever, I'll just forgive him" I spat. I just wanted to get away from the conversation. 

"Why are you like that?" He asked.

"Like what?!" I shouted.

"You push people away all the time" he raised his voice slightly.

"No I don't, I just don't need to hear the lecture my mum gives me"

He rolled his eyes at me and said "Yeah, uh huh".  like I was the worst person to have to speak to, ok maybe I was rude but really 'yeah', 'uh huh'.

I sighed and shook my head "look, why don’t you just... Go back and hang out with my brother, it seems like you'd rather be there anyway"

"Jessica it's not like that it's just, your making this harder then it needs to be" he sighed sounding deflated.

"Making what harder?" I don't know what his problem is. 

"I-"

Craig walked in which caused Chresanto to stop. “Chres the game is about to start” he said cautiously. I stared at Chresanto  he was busy responding to Craig to see me, his brown eyes are just amazing, I realised that both Chresanto and Craig were looking at me as if they asked a question and I just haven’t responded.

“Chres just go its ok I don’t mind I’ll be in my room if you want me.” With that I walk out the kitchen past my brother and up the stairs. I wasn’t really angry at my brother, I think I was just being over dramatic because he said what he said in front of Chresanto… and him well I don’t know why I’m bothering.

I heard my phone ping so I picked it up and saw a messages from…Jacob. I swear this boy is obsessed. The text read:

“Hello hermoso ;)”

“You need to give up”

“Remember English and the library, I know you hand fun in the library”

“You are a tramp”

“Rude... :(“

“What do you want?”

“You got a date to Isis’s party?”

“No... Why?”

“Do you wanna go with me?”

“Why did I even ask, I knew you were gonna ask that”

“Yeah well, you know”

“Hmmmm”

“Waiting for Chresanto to ask you?”

“Excuse me?”

He didn’t reply after that but, I didn’t know he knew Chresanto let alone ask me if I was ‘waiting’ for him to ask me. Then I got a phone call. I’m popular today.

“¡hola” I heard a Mexican voice say.

“Oh my gosh… really? I laughed at Jacob persistent I’ve got to give it up he is.

“So anyway do you want to come with me...? Tomorrow”

“Jacob there is, how many girls who will be begging to go with you, why not go with one of them?” I asked.

“Because they are boring as fuck” he said plainly sounding very serious.

“Well that’s nice, but no Perez, I don’t like bad boys or whatever you are, but I’ll see you there” I put the phone down sighing at my incredible loneliness.

I went down stairs and forgave my brother, he seemed like he cared, I guess. We watched the football together then the boys went outside to play basket ball while I sat and kept the score; I eventually got bored an watched TV; I ended up falling asleep on the chair.