Chapter seventeen: Confused

I woke up to the sound of faint beeping, I opened my eyes slowly. To see a fan spinning above me. I looked around and saw Jacob sitting there, he looked like he's been crying, and his eyes were puffy and red.

"Jacob...?" I croaked.

"Jessica! DOCTOR SHES AWAKE!" He ran to the side of my bed and grabbed my hand.

"What's going on? Where are we?"

"We're at the hospital, you were beaten up." He sounded sad and I could hear his voice breaking.

"Yeah, I remember that."

The doctor walked in with a board of papers.

"Ah you're awake Miss Lopez, you're very lucky you're boyfriend brought you in..." The doctor smiled at us both, I was about to inform her that he wasn't my boyfriend.

"I'm not her boyfriend." He yawned.

"Well you're a very good friend, he's been here since last night."

"I called your parents last night, but they didn't answer so I decided to stay. I rang them this morning and they said that they were coming."

"Okay you just rest there Jessica, there is some news I need to tell you but it's best to wait for your parents. I'm going to keep an eye on you for now, Jacob could you make sure there are no abnormal activities in her heart rate please." The doctor walked out and left me to sit with Jacob.

"How does she know you're name?" I asked

"My mum is a doctor... that's my mum." He rubbed his red eyes trying to stay awake.

"This is your entire fault." I mumbled.

"What did I do now; look I'm trying to be there for you. You broke Chresanto's heart and even if it is my fault I didn't make you break up with, not like that not the way you did."

"IF YOU HADN'T BOTHERED ME IN THE FIRST PLACE KAYLA WOULDN'T HAVE MADE ME!"

"So that's my fault? Why would you listen to Kayla? She's a slut, a whore and a bitch do you really think anyone would believe her over you?" He put his elbows on his legs and rubbed his face.

"I don't care! Everybody hates me! Chres hates me. Angel hates me. Craig hates me. My own brother couldn't bare to look at me." I sat forward and then groaned from the pain in my stomach that shot up into my spine.

"Lay down Jessica, you're going to hurt yourself." His voice began to sound strained. I laid down and sighed. "They don't hate you, they're just angry."

"Yeah... Well what's wrong with me, you must know."

"No I don't actually, I mean u asked my mom but she said no. but I'm guessing internal bleeding and a broken rib and maybe a torn muscle."

"Aren't you quite the doctor?" I giggled a bit.

I heard the sound of the door creek open once again this time it was my parents and Rayan.

"Baby girl are you ok?" My mother asked I could tell she was upset by the sound of her voice.

"Yeah I'm pretty good." I tried to sit up but again it hurt like a motherfucker.

"Aww stay down." My mother took a seat next to Jacob.

"Who are you?" My father asked.

"He's the boy that founder her and called us." She said happily.

"Oh well thank you my boy." My father shook hands with Jacob, my brother stayed standing by the door.

"You're welcome Mr. Lopez." Jacob croaked. This boy should just go to bed.

The doctor walked in again with her book full of notes.

"Oh good you're all here, Jacob sweetie could you please wait outside please." She asked, Jacob stood up and walked outside. I guess because it's confidential"

"Okay so I need to tell you some news about Jessica and what's going on. She has internal bleeding which we have treated by giving her a special drug that makes her blood clot. She also has a bruised pancreas which means she will be in the hospital for a while as for her nose it's not broken it's bruised so it may hurt to sneeze and she may start having frequent nose bleeds but we will be keeping an eye on it."

"That means she'll be fine right?" My brother asked. I was kinda confused because I thought he hated me.

"Yes she will be fine, but we need to keep her in for observation but she will be fine. Well, I need to talk to you both Mr. And Mrs. Lopez." The doctor walked out along with my parents, Jacob came in soon after I left.

"How could you be so stupid?" Ray shouted.

"What?"

"Don't act innocent, you just broke up with him just like that and you didn't have the audacity to tell me yourself? And with Jacob, really? I can't believe you!"

"Well it wasn't really her fault." I understood Jacob was trying to defend me but maybe now wouldn't be the best time.

"You need to shut your mouth because no one was speaking to you."

"Is that so?"

"What the fuck do you think...? I swear Jacob don't start with your shit."

"COULD YOU BOTH JUST STOP?" I felt the sharp pain in my stomach again and groaned in pain.

"Jess, you okay?" My brother asked.

"Does it look like I'm okay?" I asked sarcastically.

"Let's just stop arguing."

"This isn't about you two and it's not about anyone else but me and Chresanto."

"You can't be serious?" Jacob asked sound quite surprised.

"Who even beat you up?"

"..."

"It was Kayla." Jacob sighed. He really just told my brother that.

"Okay I'm gonna get Angel to beat the shit out if her." Rayan said.

"Do you really think that's going to help?" Jacob scoffed sarcastically.

"What do you think should happen then?" Ray began to sound more demanding in his argument with Jacob.

"Are you going to defend her?" Jacob asked.

“Of course am Jacob but way better then you take care of yourself.” ray scoffed. Jacob chuckled a bit and pushed Rayan out the way and walked over to me.

“Jacob stop it.” I said as I rubbed my head.