Chapter twenty-three: Night to remember

My mother returned home form her three day retreat promising for the one thousandth time she would stop leaving me at home alone. I had woken up from my nap as soon as she got home, we spoke for a while but after a while she had fallen asleep on the chair. I had a shower and did my whole hygiene bit and put on basketball shorts and a t- shirt, I still had plenty of time before Jacob's party was going to start.

This is the first time I wasn't actually nervous, I know what can happen, this time I'm in control and you know what that means?- it means no alone time with Jacob. It means I keep my distance from Isabella.

I had brought a dress a couple of weeks ago from Sheri hill it was Caribbean blue, it had large ruffles it reached my ankle, it was a strapless dress.

That was the dress I was going to wear for Jacobs party.

As I put on my earrings and bracelets I starred at the mirror and watched my reflection in some sort of trance, I could see Chresanto's face from when we first met all doe eyed and young, I remember the exact moment when my heart felt so heavy, when in that one moment I felt as if I had fallen. And with this memory came a sudden realisation if you can call it that, I just keep feeling as if this was probably all my fault and I know many of you won't feel any regret to say it was. But I think I know what I have to do.

I heard Angel and Rayan come in. I put on my heals and walked downstairs.

"Well if it isn't miss pageant queen we've been waiting downstairs for ten minuets." Angel shouted, she scoffed and walked to the car.

Rayan just gave me a reassuring smile and shrugged, we got in the car and made our way to Jacob's party. I could feel the nerves building up in my stomach, making me want to vomit.

As soon as we got there Angel dragged Ray to the middle of the crowd. I went to the garden and sat on a bench. Jacob's house was beautiful, and huge I was admiring the scenery when there was a loud squeak from the door.

"What are you doing out here?"

"Why do you care?" I snapped.

"Whatever Jessica." He yawned "I just asked a question, can you please get over yourself for one day?"

"What are you planing? What are you gonna tell her? Do you even care about me?" I asked with a tinge of frustration and anger in my voice.

"Okay firstly I do care about you, if I didn't do you think I would of been fight over you for this many years? Secondly I don't know what I'm gonna say yet but when she gets here I'll tell her. Thirdly stop being so callous it's not a great look on you." He sat down beside me and did a huge sigh. "How did we get here? Huh?"

"I don't know... but your acting like we're grown ups." I said staring up at that dark twinkling sky.

"Well, we kind of are. I don't see why this had to be so confusing, we could of just liked each other."

"But where's the fun in that." I cheesed and we both began laughing.

"You know next year I'm going to university with Jacob, he is my cousin still, but I just don't like you hanging about with him."

"Yeah..."

There was a loud creek of the door and it happened to be Isabella. What great timing?

"Well this looks cozy." She rolled her eyes and sat in between me and Chresanto.

"So look I have something to tell you." He sighed.

"Me first! Okay look we're over, you love her- I don't know why, but you do; plus I'm attracted to girls. So you two can kiss and shit if you want."

"Uhhhhh." I was so confused.

"Okay well I have partying to do so." She walked back into the house during this time Chresanto and I were busy exchanging look of confusion.

"That was easier than I thought." He laughed.

"Yeah it actually was. Anyway I knew there was something up with that girl." I began laughing with him.

"So uh do you want to dance?"

"Yeah sure why not?"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey, hey. Long time no see. I am so sorry about not updating. However I just did so yay. The is the second to last chapter :,( I know. But I have written a sequel which is already out. I know I know, I should of put it out later but whatever.

Thank you for reading.

Sorry for any mistakes.

Sorry it's short.