Marrying

A/N: I was gonna add a part where Mae had the baby already and mention that she and Gibbs had gotten married but I decided this should come first. This is a while after Jethro proposes, around 5 and a half, 6 months into her pregnancy.

"Jethro, I don't want a fancy wedding. No time off. We can go to the court and get married."

He sighed, frustrated. We were torn between going all out, big white cake, party and everything, and going to a courthouse and getting everything done in a day instead of months of planning.

Neither of us had time for the planning. That, and with my growing stomach, I didn't want to deal with having a dress custom fit if I was only going to wear it once.

"And I don't want to deal with the dress, and planning, and dealing with invitations, and stressing the baby out. So let's just go to a courthouse," I explained, my hands traveling comfortingly over my baby bump.

"I don't want to stress you. Or the baby," he murmured, placing one of his big, calloused hands over mine where they rested. "We already have so much stress with the job. I agree."

"Courthouse?"

"Sure. Who do you want there to be the witness?"

I thought for a minute. DiNozzo would be an ass about the whole thing, being dragged into it. Ziva wouldn't understand why she would have to be there. McGee or Abby? Eh.

"Ducky. I want Ducky to witness us being married."

"Exactly who I was thinking. So... I made the call already... Get dressed. We're going now. Ducky will meet us."

I laughed as I got up and headed to the bedroom to get dressed for our impromptu little wedding.