Watching Gibbs with Talia

I woke up at a normal time for once, which was rare having a toddler and newborn in the house. I was up early every morning to take care of the girls, and get breakfast together for Jethro, Nevaeh, and myself, and to feed Talia, before getting off to the Navy Yard for a half day's work with the kids in tow.

Stretching and sighing, I reached out next to me on the bed for Jethro and found he wasn't there. I had finally convinced my husband to get a good bed for us when I was pregnant with Nevaeh. It was a lot better than sleeping on the couch, though I would occasionally find my man bunking there whenever he got home really late and didn't feel like walking upstairs.

"Babe?" I called.

"Downstairs with the girls!"

I sighed. Getting up, I pulled on one of his hoodies and went down to the kitchen. Nevaeh was sitting at the table in the dining room, working on her coloring book. Jethro was making coffee one handed, holding the newborn carefully and swaying a little. I smiled.

"I'll make breakfast. Go sit down with Nevaeh," I told him. He came over for a kiss, which I gladly gave him.

"What about the coffee?"

"I'll bring a mug over for you as soon as it's done. Now go sit with the girl. She wants to see Talia."

Getting breakfast ready, I glanced over at my little family and smiled. It made me so happy seeing my husband with Nevaeh and Talia. He was so gentle with them. Thankfully, he got to take days off whenever he needed to, curtesy of the director. Since we were the first agents in the major crimes unit to have kids, we got special perks.

"I'll take Talia when she starts fussing," I said.

"She's good with me. Sleeping."

I looked at her. "I'm surprised. The little one is weird when it comes to that."

After we ate, Jethro went and sat on the couch, moving Talia so she was laying on his chest, head on her shoulder. It made my heart swell with happiness. His fatherly instinct was so strong.