Trying to get Gibbs back to wearing polos

A/N- anyone remember how in that one episode (first episode of season 13) where after Gibbs was shot by Harris in Iraq, he started wearing button downs and changed his hair? Mae doesn't like it. The team doesn't either.

Standing in the elevator with my husband, I had to confront him on what the whole team was going nuts over. Hitting the switch to stop it, I turned to him.

"Jethro..."

"What?"

"You stopped wearing polos," I stated bluntly, looking at the shirt he was wearing.

"So?"

"So? Jethro, that's your thing. You wear polos. The team is picking apart why you started wearing button downs after you came back from recovery. They have charts and everything. They might be scared of showing you, but I've seen them. All of them."

"It's different, Mae. I'm different."

"Jethro, you're still the same man. You may have been shot, but you are still the same man. You did what you had to. We're all here for you, you know that."

He was silent, looking down at his shows. I stepped closer, touching his cheek. "Babe. It happened. Move on from it. You can't help all of them. And you know what? Go back to wearing polos. Don't. Up to you. But honestly, I think they look better on you. And it's what everyone is used to."

Turning, I hit the switch again and faced front.

~the next day~

I got to the office early, before my husband woke up. Vance arrived the same time I did, and we took the elevator together.

"Did you talk to him about the shirts, Freemont?" He asked.

"Yeah, I did. Yesterday. We'll just have to wait and see what he comes in wearing today, a polo, or a button down," I sighed.

An hour later, Jethro walked into the bullpen. Looking up, I smiled. He was wearing a polo. Shooting a quick text to the team, I told them of the change in shirt. They all smiled at the change back.