Part 1 of whatever of NCIS/CSI NY crossover

A/N- Mac and Danny go down to DC to help the NCIS team with the murder of a Marine stationed in Virginia that was killed in the city. I'm making this one up entirely.

"Jethro, I hate that I can't help out with this case in the field," I told him. I was still on desk work from knee and ankle injuries.

"I know sweetie, but I can't let you back out until you get clearance," he replied.

Sighing, I leaned back in my chair. The elevator dinged, which wasn't weird, but it was a Sunday and the two of us plus the rest of the team were in the office.

Turning, I peaked over the dividers. Two men who looked familiar were walking in with security, who pointed them in our direction. Then it hit me. Mac Taylor and Danny Messer, head of the NYPD crime lab and one of the detectives he worked with.

"Mac? Danny? What are you two doing here?" I questioned, getting up on my crutches and meeting them.

"Mae, I didn't know you had come down here to work," Mac said, awkwardly returning the hug I gave him. Same with Danny.

"I've been an NCIS special agent almost since I moved here a few years ago. Better fit for me and my family."

"Family?"

"Jethro Gibbs, special agent. Head of the team," he introduced, shaking their hands. He was holding our daughter at that point, Abby had brought her up from the lab.

Mac gave me a look before saying, "you did good, Mae."

A little later on, once the two NYPD detectives were settled, Jethro pulled me aside.

"How do you know Detectives Taylor and Messer?"

"I worked at the crime lab for a while. Mac brought me on after we had dated for a couple months. Ended on good terms for both of us."

He looked at me for a while and then said, "I'm glad you're on my team now. The way Taylor was looking at you bothered me a little."

"I've heard he's in a relationship, and Danny's been married for a while," I laughed. "I still talk to Danny's wife."

"Well, then. Shall we brief them on what we have so far?"

I nodded, and we made our way back to the bullpen to fill the two New York detectives in on the case we built so far.