Night off

"Mm, this feels good," I said, leaning back into my husband's arms.

"How rare is this? A night off from the office, our daughter off with Jimmy, Breena, and Victoria, cell phones off..."

"Couldn't have said it better, my love. Thank you again for dinner."

Jethro surprised me with a fancy dinner, and a back rub afterwards. He brought me to my favorite restaurant for steak au poivre with sides and a glass of wine.

"Of course, baby." He pulled me onto his lap, and kissed me. I welcomed it, with us having worked so much lately.

The only time we really had to ourselves was in the morning when we woke up for a few minutes before Nevaeh woke up demanding to be fed, and at night after one of us got her to bed before we both fell asleep.

The director had let us off after half a day since it was so slow at the office. Tony, McGee and Bishop had stayed to catch up on paperwork when we left.

Getting up, much to his protest, I went to grab two more beers and my laptop before returning to the couch.

"I don't want the beer, Mae. I want you," Jethro told me, pulling me back to him while I was pulling Netflix up on the computer.

"Background noise, Jethro."

"For what?"

"Well, I know you've been talking about wanting Nevaeh to have a sibling," I said, looking at him through my lashes with a smile.

"I do want her to have a little brother or sister. I've heard her begging you for another baby for a few weeks. And I think we're ready for another kid," he said softly, looking at me with those beautiful blue eyes of his. Nevaeh got his blue eyes, but my dark red hair. She was a beautiful little thing.

"So? What are we waiting for?"

"Before we do anything, I want to show you something," Jethro told me, pulling me up towards the basement door. When we got to the door, he covered my eyes with his rough, calloused hands and led me down slowly to his work space. "Ready?"

"Yeah. Jethro, what is it that you want to show me?" Moving his hands, I gasped. He had made a bassinet for a baby. "Wow, love, this is amazing."

"I made this, so we have it for our next child."

I laughed and hugged him. I was pulled into his warm embrace, slipping my hands into the hood of his NIS sweatshirt. "Well, then, let's go make another baby."