Story idea below

A/N- so I'm rewatching stuff, and recently saw the episode where Jackson visited his son in DC for Christmas, he was upset and everything and Gibbs finally found out he had to shoot someone to protect his store and two women in the store. This is my take on the episode, and I'll have it set around Baby Steps.

"So your dad is going to come down from Stillwater?" I asked my husband as I put the coffee pot on. I was holding Nevaeh on one hip as she squirmed to go to her daddy. "Take Nevaeh, please. She wants you."

"Yeah, I'm going to pick him up tonight. I gotta go clean off the car," he told me, shrugging.

"Daddy has to go clean the snow off the car, baby," I told the little girl as he went out to do that.

Minutes later, Jethro walked in with his father. "Dad, you remember Mae, right?"

"Your wife! Of course. And Nevaeh?"

"Yes, sir," I said, walking over to the older Gibbs and giving him a hug the best I could, considering I was still holding the kid. "How are you doing, Jack? I thought you weren't going to be here until later."

"Took an earlier flight," he said.

"Well, dad, we have to get to work. There's some coffee in the pot, Mae finally got me to get a good TV, and I left my number and hers by the phone. You can take the couch for a bed," Jethro told his father, pulling a mug out of the cabinet.

"What about Nevaeh?"

"We take her in, and she spends time with the medical examiner if he doesn't have an autopsy, or the forensic scientist or some other of our friends at the office," I mentioned.

~time skip~

"Can you put that box somewhere else? I don't like what's in it!"

I looked between my husband and father in law, surprised. Something was going on with Jack. Turning back to Jethro and walking to him, I said, "babe, go make dinner or something. I'll talk to him."

He nodded and told me, "I have to go out to get some stuff. Dad wants chicken. I'll take Nevaeh."

Kissing his cheek, I pushed him to the door before going to the kitchen to grab a couple beers. Sitting down next to the man, I said, "what's up, Jack? I did some research, found out something happened at the store in Stillwater."

He sighed, looking at the tree I helped him decorate as the fire danced in the background. "Well..."

Half an hour later, Jethro came back with dinner food and started cooking. "Nevaeh, baby, go sit with grandpa, ok?"

"Ok!" She crowed, and ran over to sit with her grandpa.

"So? What happened?"

"Some guy who thought he was a badass tried robbing the store, two women were there, Jack shot the Winchester. Killed the guy."

"Not the first time he's shot that gun."

I sighed. "Jethro, he seems better now that I talked to him, but I think he needs his son. Go sit with him and listen if he wants to tell you the story."

"Alright," he said, giving me a quick kiss before joining his daughter and father on the couch. I smiled and watched the three generations of family together, on Christmas.