Prologue: Twinkling Epilogue

We travelled back to Forks, seven months later for Charlie and Sue's wedding. The ceremony was beautiful since of course, Alice would hear nothing of them arranging a small gathering. Alice Cullen doesn't do small gatherings. Sue walked down the aisle in an eggshell colored dress while me and Leah wore red bridesmaid's gowns. Edward and Seth stood beside my father, and Billy Black gave Sue away to Charlie.

"Chief Swan, a moment?" Carlisle said as we gathered behind him. Everyone knew what was coming, except Sue and Charlie. Even Seth and Leah were in on it. "This is a gift from all of us. It's two tickets to a remote island. I've taken the liberty of booking the flight for tonight and I managed to clear it with your staff that you'd be gone for two weeks."

"Congratulations dad!" I gave my father a hug to sort of deflect the shock of an all inclusive island getaway.

"Oh Bella. I love you sweetie. Thank you all! The only thing that would make this day more complete is a dance with my Bells."

"Of course, dad." I followed Charlie onto the dance floor, but I ended up leading. My poor father, I got my clumsy dancing feet from him. I almost chuckled at the thought of lifting him and placing his feet on top of mine, just as Edward did for me whenever we danced while I was a human. It was tempting.

We danced in a circle since I didn't think Charlie could handle anything more than that. "You know Bells, I've been thinking. I know you're, you know, different, and I have an inkling of what it could be." There was no use in holding my breath, but I did anyway. I just hoped and prayed that the Volturi wouldn't find out that Charlie had even idea about Vampires. They'd probably kill him on premise. "So I know that you won't be around much longer. But people will start wondering what happened to you. So I think I've come up with a solution. I think you should fake your death."

I couldn't believe what I was hearing! Was my father actually suggesting what I think he was? "Dad, what?"

"Well, if you are what I think you might be, you'll outlive me by many years, looking the way you do now. And there is no logical way to explain your youth to your friends from school. I think there should be some type of accident that explains your death. We'll have a small funeral here in Forks so that people like Jessica, Angela and Mike can have some closure."

Evidently, Charlie had put a lot of thought into this. I knew he was right, it just sort of disturbed me that he was the one that thought of this. Once the music faded, we walked over to where Carlisle and Edward were conversing with the rest of the Cullens.

"Charlie we heard your proposal, and we think it's a good idea." Carlisle said as soon as we made our way over. Charlie may have had an idea of what we were, but he was still of astounded when it registered that my family heard him from across the dance floor. "We'll make all the necessary arrangements. Of course we'll wait sometime after you and Sue are settled back from your honeymoon."

"Okay, enough of this morbid talk. You and your new bride have a plane to catch!" Alice said as she whisked Charlie and Sue upstairs so that they could change into their clothes for the trip. I laughed as my dad never got used to Alice's whirlwind. Emmett came over to me and slapped me on my back. I was glad I wasn't a fragile human because I probably would have been sent flying across the yard.

"So Bella, I think if we're going to throw you a funeral, we need to do this right. Now when people are passing by the coffin to glance at our sleeping beauty, you should open your eyes when you hear Newton looking at you! It'll be great, I'm telling you." Emmett started going on about how that would be the ultimate prank against Newton, but Rose slapped him upside the head. He was right, that would be hilarious, Mike would probably mess his pants right there. Hmmm can you imagine it?