Chapter 10: Late Night Visits

We spent the next few hours with Carlisle going over the details of what I had in mind. He agreed that Edward would have to be kept in the dark, since he would be the first likely candidate for Aro to read. I wasn't too thrilled that he agreed that Sarah may need to be changed into a vampire, but the more I saw my plan unfold, the more it seemed likely that she would have to go through the change. I hated the idea of having to do this to someone related to the one decent friend I ever had as a human. Carlisle thought it best that we should bring Jasper in on the plan soon, he was the better strategist.

"Alice," something just popped into my head while we were talking, "I want to tell Sarah about us tonight, do you foresee any problems?"

Alice's eyes zoned out the way they always do while having a vision. "Rosalie will be pissed, but once Carlisle and Esme explain to her what's happening, she actually takes it well. She handles it a lot better than how she did when Edward told you."

That actually stung, more than I think it should have. Edward had told me that Rosalie hated the very idea of me knowing about their true existence. She had actually wanted to kill me. It didn't help matters when I was being threatened over and over again, just because I knew about vampires, she felt it brought too much attention to the Cullens. I know now, just as I knew then, that I could never hate Rosalie for that, she wanted to protect her family. How could I not understand that? We soon came to an understanding though, when she finally confessed her logic and actions. Then months after that, Rose became more than a friend or a sister, she was my protector when I was pregnant with Renesmee.

Alice must have seen the hurt look on my face because she grimaced a bit. "I'm sorry Bella."

"No really it's okay." I didn't want her to feel guilty about something she can't control. "I was actually wondering about the Volturi though, is their timetable still in the summer?"

"Yes," she blanked out really quick.

"Okay, I'm headed over there now. I want to explain some of this to her before school in the morning."

"Wait Bella, what about your training? Kate and Garrett are here." Carlisle didn't need to remind me.

"I know I spoke with them earlier. I'll be back soon enough. Sarah is human and needs her sleep for tomorrow. And we'll have all night. I'll keep my shield around you while I'm gone. Besides, we have all night." Before he could protest, I jumped out of the window, I also wanted to avoid the questions I knew Edward would have. As I was falling to the ground, I contemplated whether I should run or take the bike, but I quickly chose to run. The wind rushed past me fiercely since the temperature dropped, whipping my hair as I ran. It was a new moon tonight, and the stars glistened in the sky where the moon should have been. The lack of moon did nothing for my sight, I was still able to see everything. I ran towards Sarah's house and jumped into the tree that was beside her bedroom window. I was shocked the light was still on since it was kind of late, but Sarah was up reading a book called The Host. I wondered if it was any good. I tapped on the window softly since I didn't want to startle her, but I still did. Once she got over the initial shock, she let me in.

"Sorry, Bella." What a strange creature she was.

"What do you have to be sorry for?"

"I don't know, for closing my window?"

"You say sorry a lot, too much actually. Anyways, I take it you noticed that Angela's pictures were gone? I'm sorry for that, but we needed to be sure."

"No, no, no, you're right, I completely understand," she said nodding. "I guess you're here to tell me how things went with your family?" There was so much hope in her eyes and voice, that even if I was here to break her heart, I would have changed my mind at the last second.