Chapter 7: Evidence

I couldn't believe it! Was it possible for two werewolves to imprint on the same person? Well I guess technically, if Nessie wasn't half vampire, Jake would have been her only imprint. I didn't know how I felt about Nessie imprinting with another vampire. I looked over at my daughter. She was standing tall, her brown ringlets were cropped in a messy ponytail. Her pouty lips were pulled into a smile, she knew what was happening. Of course she would, she felt it once with Jake, and now with his great nephew. This was too weird.

"This is some freaky weird stuff," Emmett said in between chuckles. For a second I thought he was the one that could read minds. Rosalie simply slapped him upside the head to shut him up, but he continued, "Nah seriously, aren't you like Jacob's nephew?" Everyone just sucked their breath in as they realized that not just any random vampire imprinted on Renesmee, but Jacob's descendant.

"You are?" That's right, I forgot Nessie wasn't downstairs for the introductions. Her eyes got bigger as she started putting things together in her head. Her smile, just like her eyes were getting bigger as well.

Once her smile widened, Taylor smiled even bigger, as if he was smiling with his heart. It was in that instance I saw it, Taylor was an exact replica of Jacob. I don't know how I didn't notice it before or why no one else did, but the hair, the eyes, and even the smile, it was Jacob. I looked over at Carlisle and I could have sworn that he saw the same thing at the same exact moment I did. Everyone kind of just stood there in the middle of the foyer silently.

"Well," Bryan started. He seemed to be the go to person for breaking the silence tonight. "Taylor, I know you and Renesmee have much to discuss, but perhaps it can wait until tomorrow. It is rather late now, and I know this dear has school in the morning." Bryan of course was right. Renesmee did have school and unlike the rest of us, she needed sleep.

Taylor understood what his father was saying but couldn't quite get his feet to agree. He looked as if he'd be happy just standing there looking at Renesmee. I couldn't blame him, she is gorgeous.

"Dad, mom? Is it alright if Taylor picks me up from school tomorrow?" Renesmee asked. At the prospect, Taylor's eyes got even bigger. Is that possible?

I looked at Edward. I didn't have a problem with it, but you never know with Edward. He has a tendency to be overprotective of me and Renesmee even when we don't need it. He simply nodded his head and told them that they had a lot to talk about and can do it then. I went over to him and put my arm around his waist and he bent over and kissed me on my cheek. Our daughter was happy again.

Bryan and the elders finally were able to get Taylor out the house and after I listened to the truck drive away, I told Edward to go ahead to the cottage. I wanted to talk to Renesmee.

We walked at a slow, excruciating pace, but I didn't mind so much since I was spending it with my greatest equation. There was no love that I had to offer that was greater than my love for Renesmee. No, not even Edward, simply because she was a combination of our love. She was our symbol beyond words. She was our miracle.

"So, how do you feel about this?" I couldn't help be curious about her feelings. Afterall, she tried to build a family with Jacob, but for whatever reason they couldn't. Now many years later she's in love with his nephew.

"Well mom, to be honest, it's a little weird. Not because he's related to Jacob. But, because after all this time, I never thought I'd find someone to love quite like I did with Jacob. But what I'm starting to feel for Taylor, it just feels right. You know?" I put my arm around her shoulders since I could see she was struggling a little bit with her words. "The fact that he has a tie to Jacob, mom, it just makes the story a bit better."

At that moment, I knew she was right. Nessie was fine. Once we got to the house, Nessie went straight to bed. I walked into our bedroom and laid down next to Edward. He held my hand in his and kissed me. Oh if only I could dream again, I would have fallen asleep in his arms if I could that second. But before we knew it, the sun started peeking through the tree bank so we disentangled ourselves from each other and started getting ready for school. Nessie woke up on her own and she too was getting ready in her room. She was humming as she was going through her closet.