Chapter 2: Meeting

As we headed back to the main house, I couldn't help but think how lucky I am. There aren't too many people in the world that get everything they wanted, but I was one of those people. We walked into the dining room, it seemed this was our favorite room to conduct meetings.

"Well, now that we're all here," Carlisle said with a smile and cleared his throat. I suspected he did that out of habit, we didn't need to actually clear our throats of anything. "There are a few things that I felt that we needed to go over before everyone gets into routine." Every time we make a move, Carlisle likes to have this meeting. The information rarely changes, but nonetheless, he liked to make sure that our stories were the same.

"Okay, Jasper, as all of you know, throughout the years, has maintained a relationship with ' firm." I remembered . I met him what seemed like ages ago when I thought my family was about to be destroyed by the Volturi. Edward was shocked at my sadness the one day that Jasper mentioned that J. Jenks had died of a heart attack and the business was passed down to his associate. I secretly wondered if Jasper had caused that heart attack. He tended to scare J. Jenks to no end. Since his death, the firm has changed hands with several different people. All of whom tried not to appear curious at the long term relationship that the firm had established with the mysterious Cullen's long before J. Jenks. "All of the necessary paperwork for our five students has been faxed to Forks High School."

Jasper pulled out an envelope and started passing the contents around. We each received our licenses and passports all stating that we were now residents of the state of Washington. When he got to Renesmee, he handed her an i.d. and she started jumping up and down.

"I guess she noticed that she's legally able to drive," Emmett snorted. In the past Renesmee was Edward's younger sister, and even when she "came of age," Edward still refused to let her drive to school. I finally convinced him otherwise.

"Now we need to talk about relationships. Edward and Renesmee you will be twins with the last name Cullen of course." It always pained me that Renesmee looked more like Edward than me, for once I would like to go as her sister, but the duo looked too much alike, it was uncanny. "Bella, I know normally you like to use Swan as your last name, but considering that Swan was a major name in Forks history, I didn't think you'd mind being called Isabella Masen." I smiled knowing I was using Edward's birth name. "Alice of course your last name will be Brandon and Jasper you will be Hale. All of you will start the year as sophomores."

Esme chuckled at this, she wasn't old enough to have five children in their sophomore year in high school. Granted the story was she and Carlisle adopted us and she was more than old enough to have kids in high school, she just didn't look it.

It took less than a second for me to realize that all of a sudden, I was feeling an extra boost of contentment, and confidence. As I looked over to Jasper, he cracked a slight smile in my direction but he was looking at Edward. I saw Edward nod at Jasper and knew they were having a mental conversation. I knew that I would find out what that was about sooner rather than later, I turned my attention back to Carlisle.

"We know from past history that our presence in Forks triggers the transformation of the Quileute tribe into wolves." Ahh there it is, Jasper was using his power to keep me and Renesmee collected. Thank God, for his talent. "Now before we left, Sam Uley, Jacob Black and myself were able to re-draw the treaty. Though we are still forbidden to hunt on their lands, we may now go onto the reservation as we are considered friends of the pack." I grabbed Renesmee's hand at the mention of Jake's name. We both loved him very much, of course she loved him more. Using her power, Renesmee let me know that she was ok.

"In preparation for us moving back, I contacted the Elders of the Quileute tribe to let them know that we were returning. They are expected to visit with us within a few weeks once the Alpha has been established." Carlisle sat down to signify that his portion of the meeting was concluded.

The rest of the meeting didn't last much longer. Everyone mainly talked about how excited they were to be back in Forks. Even Rosalie, which surprised me. Eventually we all started trickling out of the house to hunt, except for Esme and Carlisle, they hunted before we arrived. Alice thought it was a good idea if the boys separated from the girls for our hunting, so Rose, Alice, Renesmee and myself took off towards the East.

Running through the forest was so relaxing. Although being half vampire and half human, made Renesmee faster than any human, she still wasn't as fast as a vampire, so we slowed our pace down so she could keep up. All four of us came to a complete stop, as we caught whiff of something so delicious and meaty. Mountain Lion.

We made our way to a small break in the forest. It was a beautiful mixture of greens and flowers in different colors. Except for the river separating it, the field almost looked like our meadow. As soon as we broke through into the clearing, the four of us immediately split up and herded the pack of mountain lion. I didn't even know they moved in a pack, but there they were. The thirst took over and I drained two mountain lions before Alice finished her one. I didn't realize I was so thirsty.

Once we were done with our hunt me and Renesmee hung back and took our time getting to the house. I wanted some alone time with my daughter.

"Mom, I'm really ok, you and daddy and everyone else, don't have to baby me." As she shrugged, her curls bounced from her shoulders.

"I know dear, it's just, we know how hurt you were when you had to lose Jacob. I above everyone else understands more because just like you became a zombie when Jake left, I was once one when your father left me once. Only, I know your pain is deeper because Jake isn't coming back." It hurt me just to say it, and I felt I had another moment that I thought I would cry.

"I know it was difficult for you guys to watch me during that period, but with him dying, it seemed I lost more than half of me. But you guys comforted me, and I'll be forever grateful to my family. But really, I'm okay." It was at that moment that Renesmee placed her hand on my head and showed me all of her thoughts, and feelings that she was holding onto. She showed me her many happy times with Jake from the moment that she was born. Every memory she had of him, her first prom, their wedding, the college years, then she showed me a few of the times when Jake got sick. This was especially hard to watch because I still remembered it all too well. Her next memories included her mourning and learning how to let go and cope. And with these memories, I felt her feelings from that time. I felt the hurt and pain slowly but surely subsiding. My daughter was ready to move on.

I nodded to let her know I understood and she gave me a hug. I didn't have enough time to react to what I saw coming at us out of the corner of my eye. All I could do was brace for it.

"Alice!" I screamed as we stumbled back. The three of us were entwined now with Alice squeezing us together. ".?" I didn't mean to growl, but somehow I knew what she was going to say next.

"Nessie, Bella," she gleamed like the Cheshire Cat, "We're going shopping!"