Chapter 11: Visions of Love

Once Kate and Garrett left, it was time to wake Renesmee up for school. While she showered, I ran back to the cottage so that I could change my clothes. I chose a simple off the shoulder blue button up shirt, and jeans. I found some blue stilettos in the back of the closet that matched my shirt perfectly, so I threw those on. Since there was plenty of time, I figured I'd go on a quick hunt, just in case. There was no way I could face Edward, I didn't want to be grilled about something I couldn't tell him.

All my attempts of avoiding him, however, were wasted because by the time I had drained my second deer, he had sniffed me out. Grrr, creepy. "Bella, what's wrong?"

"Edward, I'm sorry, I can't do this, but I have to, just don't ask me anymore, please?" I started to run away from him, but he grabbed my hand before I could get away. "Please, Edward, it was hard for me to keep things from you and Aro the last time, please don't do this to me."

"Okay, fine. Whatever it this, is this why you are also shielding Carlisle, Alice, and Renesmee?" His face was tortured, I could see he ached for my thoughts.

"Yes." I couldn't help but feel guilty, so I kept my eyes to the ground. We ran back to the house in silence. The wind rushing past my body could not even uplift my spirits like it normally does. We got to the river, and jumped flawlessly over the gaping, but serene flow. Seeing the house somewhat broke through my funk, and I realized that I was excited for going to school today. "Edward, I told Sarah we'd pick her up for school today."

He nodded his head as we continued to the house. We entered the kitchen to find Esme finishing Renesmee's breakfast. I loved that Nessie finally got used to eating human food. While she was growing up, it was difficult for her to eat normally. She would throw fits while everyone else were able to hunt. But now she found her balance and usually hunts with us once a week.

"Mommy, is it ok if Taylor drives me to and from school again? He wants to take me to First Beach for some surfing. There's a really big swell coming in and I haven't gone out in the water in forever." Even if I wanted to say no, there was no way I could resist her face. In every way she has her father's face, and at that moment, she chose to use it to her advantage.

"Yes honey, that's fine." Renesmee climbed out of her chair to give me a kiss before running to get her school bag. I brought my shield down to make sure everything was okay between me and him. I wanted him to understand this was hurting me just as much as I knew it was hurting him. I showed him my memories of the last time I kept secrets from him. I pleaded with him that I wanted this to be right.

I turned to look at him, and he cracked a smile, not as crooked as I would have liked it, but I could still see that it was warm. "Of course," he said as he gave me a kiss by my ear, "I love you." He held me close to his body and we started walking to the front door to meet up with Alice and Jasper. Renesmee was already outside with Taylor, so the rest of us, got into the car and Edward started driving to Sarah's.

Sarah bounded down the steps of her porch ready to go, but Alice took one look at her and wasn't having it. "Nope, back upstairs!" Alice got out of the car and marched up to Sarah with a bag of clothes and makeup no doubt. "If you are going to hang with us, you have to look like us." The silly little pixie was so demanding, I instantly felt bad for subjecting Sarah to Alice's ways. But at the same time, I was just glad it wasn't me.

"Alice, don't take too long." I looked at Edward like he was supposed to say something more than that, but I knew it was no use. Once Alice had a mission, there was no rushing her or changing her mind.

"I won't," she exclaimed as she and Sarah disappeared back into the house. The three of us sat in the car, but I was feeling a little goofy so I let my shield down. I was in the mood to mess with Jasper, so I let Edward know. He started chuckling too himself when he heard my plan, and climbed over the gearshift to start kissing me. I could feel the electricity between me and my husband surge throughout my entire body. I let myself get lost in his kisses and grabbed hold of his hair. It didn't take long for Jasper to be exasperated though.