Chapter 5: Visions

Is it even possible for vampires to freak out? I wanted to hyperventilate but I knew it wouldn't do any good because I don't need to breathe. Grabbing Renesmee was my next course of action, I had to get her out of here. I had to make her safe from the Volturi's plans. Edward, my loving Edward, he had to of been part of their plans as well. I remember Aro extending the invitation for him and Alice to don one of their black robes. I had to make them safe.

Alice started having another vision, I stomped my foot like a toddler and a hiss escaped my lips. Oops too loud, because people started looking around. Suddenly she stopped and stared at Edward. Edward looked horrified as he and Alice seemed to be having a silent conversation. Honestly those two.

"Hey! How about having a conversation in words where everyone else who isn't a telepath or psychic can hear?" I guess Jasper couldn't take my rage anymore because I was calm again. I looked over at him and nodded my head in thanks. Jasper tried to smile back but even his smile was off. What was with everyone today?

"I'm sorry Bella, it's just, well I was having a vision and it stopped. I was hoping Edward saw my vision before it disappeared, but he only saw what I saw."

"Well what did you see?" I could tell that Alice was frantic. She hates it when something interferes with her vision. Going in blind, is not her favorite thing to do, and we were going to need her gift if the Volturi were coming.

"It seems the Volturi have added another vampire to the guard. Apparently her gift is sensing. She can sense the strength a vampire has, and the gift they possess. She can also tell when there is another gift that can be matured. They've only just acquired her, but I saw that if Aro had her beforehand, he would have been here sooner. He wants you Bella."

"Me? Why? He's known I was a shield, why after all this time does he want me?" I was definitely confused. And with everyone in my family protecting me, how did he expect to get to me? Unless he was planning on killing those who meant the most to me? My shield was now down so I rethought my questions to Edward.

"Darling, I think your shield somehow has manifested itself to stop the mental powers of vampires." Edward could see that I was still confused, so he continued his explanation, "See in the hallway, I thought you had stopped everyone around us from thinking. Remember when I told you everyone was silent?" He didn't even wait for me to respond before he spoke again. "Well with that and what I just witnessed with Alice, I think you're the reason her vision stopped so abruptly."

"I was trying to calm you down, before, but I couldn't." Jasper seemed particularly perplexed because he's always had full control over everyone's emotions. "I was even trying to force inappropriate emotions on random people in here and it just wouldn't work."

"Edward, what were you guys doing in the hallway when you noticed that she blocked your power?" Always the strategist, Jasper was generally excited.

"We were sort of arguing, but she let her shield down to yell at me. But the moment she made her point, she slammed it back up and that's when everything went silent."

We were all pondering what the next course of action should be. We knew we needed to see Carlisle, but all of us couldn't leave, it would draw too much suspicion as to why the Cullen's left early on the first day of school. It's always about appearances.

By the end of lunch, we theorized that my shield has progressed into blocking the powers of vampires. We were positive it blocked mental powers, but were unsure about physical. Right now, as I haven't gained control of my newfound gift, I could only use it when I was angry. Through another one of Alice's visions, the timeline for the "visit" wasn't going to be until the summer, so we still had plenty of time to prepare.