Chapter 3: The First Day

It was Monday morning and me and Edward decided it was time to head up to the house to get everyone together for school. Esme greeted us in the kitchen since she was cooking Renesmee breakfast. With all the years that she spent with Jacob on the reservation, Renesmee ate more human food than she did animals. Edward was pleased with this, the thought of his daughter hunting still made him nervous.

I started to sit down on the tall bar stool when I heard Renesmee stirring awake. I could hear her slowly walk to the bathroom and start the shower. I wanted to go upstairs and help her pick something out to wear, but Edward grabbed my arm and sat me back down. "Unless you want Alice to give you a makeover, you'll stay down here." I loved it when he was right.

Jasper came downstairs first. After chatting with Edward about the driving arrangements to school, he decided to help Esme with the rest of breakfast for his favorite niece. Soon, Alice and Renesmee bounded down the steps. My daughter looked so gorgeous. Alice dressed her in a black off the shoulder shirt, and bellbottom jeans. Renesmee accessorized with a silver charm bracelet that Jacob made for her years ago and big hoop earrings. Because of the flare in her jeans Renesmee had to wear some really tall black heels.

"Bella!" Alice exclaimed, "Look at you." Her face was twisted in shock and surprise.

I looked down at myself. I thought I did okay. I admit I did get dressed in a hurry but I was grabbed a denim sleeveless dress. It came a few inches above my knees and had buttons that ran down from the bust to where my bellybutton was. The dress was very form fitting. I finished the look off with a matching denim belt, and denim peek-a-boo 4 inch heel shoes. "What, Alice?" I honestly couldn't see what the problem was. The dress was one of my favorite outfits that I bought from yesterday's shopping trip.

I gave a quick glance around the room to see how everyone was reacting. Renesmee simply went to the table and started stuffing food down her throat, while Edward, Jasper, and Esme were laughing. Apparently there was a joke I wasn't in on. "Bella, you look amazing! I'm so proud of you. It seems my keen fashion sense has finally rubbed off on you." It was true I didn't mind Alice's never-ending shopping trips, more often than not, I looked forward to them. "There's just one thing missing," she said as she gathered my hair to one side and wrapped my hair into a side wept ponytail. "There, you're ready now." Alice inspected everyone and once she gave the final okay, we piled into Edward's Mercedes. Since being a vampire I've had 20 first day of high school jitters. They've gotten better with time and now I treat them as if I was Rosalie. Well not so much, I don't revel in the glory like Rose does, but I don't shy away from it either.

Edward of course was driving really fast and within five minutes, I could hear the conversations of all of the students of Forks High School in the parking lot as if we were there already. I could feel Jasper calming us down, though I shook him off. I didn't need it though I could tell that Renesmee was nervous. I watched as he started soothing her with calmness and confidence, and she looked so much better. I looked to Jasper and nodded my head in thanks. Edward parked the car in an open spot in the parking lot, but he didn't turn it off. "Now Renesmee, I know we've been through this before, but remember you must call us by our first names, and don't use your special talents in school."

Renesmee was just too eager to start the day, so as soon as she assured us she would obey, she hopped out the car. The rest of us followed suit, and Edward started scanning the student body for anyone that might be suspicious of us. I let down my shield and asked him if anything stood out. After a moment, he slightly bowed his head and shook it, all the while rubbing his eye like he had something in it. Only I knew that he was telling me no.

We had to act like we didn't know our way to the administrative office, after all this was our first day here. Edward stopped a girl on our way to the buildings, just to play up the charade. I knew immediately that this girl had a innocent mind, otherwise Edward wouldn't have even bothered. "Hello, I am Edward Cullen," he said stepping away from us, he didn't want to overwhelm her. "Would you mind telling me where the admin office is?"