Chapter Twenty: All Hell Breaks Loose

Chapter Twenty: "All Hell Breaks Loose."

I NEVER KNEW HOW MUCH such a few words can take a big toll on you.

I never got affected by the words people have called me. I don't cry if I get called a slut, which isn't even true, because I can count on one hand how many boyfriends I've had in my eighteen years of life.

None of them were serious relationships.

But what could this mean now? Does Tyler want to be more than friends if we make it out of this? Both of us alive? Or was he just telling me he loved me one last time before someone blew his brains out?

I'm shocked and angry.

Flattered and confused.

Anxious yet excited.

What if he dies? I can't tell him I love him back. Wait a minute. Did I just say that?

Fuck, of course I did. He's my best friend! I love him more than a white girl loves Starbucks and food lovers like McDonalds.

But what if he lives, Morgan?

What if he lives?! What am I supposed to do? Do I love him like that? Sure, I get happy and excited when I'm with him, like there's only us in the world, but that's only because we've been keeping each other entertained every day since the days in diapers. And yeah, sure, I love when he's overprotective and how his hair is when he just wakes up in the morning, and sure I love the electric feeling I get while kissing him when I have the opportunity to.

And sure, when I tell him I love him, I get the sinking feeling in my stomach when he says it back?

So what?

You like him, Morgan. You're in love with your best friend.

But how? I don't want to ruin our relationship now; it's great. What if adding sexual activity and lovey dovey things ruin it? What if that small title that means so much to every woman gets added and ruins everything I've ever lived for?

Will calling Tyler my boyfriend trash our bond or strengthen it?

Stop with the 'what if' Morgan. He just admitted his feelings to you. The ball is in your court right now, and your future in love and happiness or friendship and happiness decision will determine how great or awful and awkward your life is. It's totally not a big deal.

But. . . what if he only meant it as a friend and doesn't feel the same?

Then you would have admitted to nothing.

Well this definitely brightens my mood and totally gets rid of the nervousness in my body.

I guess I'm in love with my best friend.

Bryce has been staying over for the past little while, helping me make up plans and help secure my house and keep me safe. Hopefully, this will end soon enough so I can go back to living my very au natural life.

Borealis was in the house when Bryce and I checked it out. He was locked in Tyler's ensuite, thankfully unharmed. I took him and all of his things back to my pad, and he really likes it. He made himself right at home, but then again, he's fat and lazy and I think he loves any place that has a bed and food.

I scratch his ears as we lay on my bed, Bryce on my desk chair, silent and thinking.

"How do you expect us to take out over a dozen men with nobody noticing?" Bryce sighs. He has a point, guaranteed. No matter what outcome, we'll get caught eventually, but we need to be prepared for it.