Chapter Thirty-Seven: Old Beginnings, New Endings

Chapter Thirty-Seven: "Old Beginnings, New Endings."

I WAKE UP very sore.

Last nights events come flooding back into my mind, making my heart race and stomach flutter. It was amazing, to say the least, and Tyler was gentle the whole time until I was comfortable, and from there on, we formed a stronger emotion and feeling toward one another that I didn't know could exist with such intensity.

I've put last nights activities aside for many months that we have been together as a couple. I can tell it was starting to get to the point that Tyler was starting to lose hope and grow slightly impatient, but he wouldn't admit to it.

I'm glad I waited so long for the right time with the right person. I definitely don't regret what happened, and I feel complete knowing that the tension about sex-related topics aren't so thick. The deed was done, and I am kind of mad at myself for not doing it sooner. I don't have the fear of Tyler leaving me because I didn't give him what he wanted for so long anymore, and I didn't just lose my innocence because I was afraid of losing him.

I was ready. I was ready for giving myself to him, but I couldn't engage in the action because I would wimp out last minute. I was scared of rejection and disgust coming from Tyler once it happened, but it was the complete opposite. He loves every curve, and was proud of it. I was crazy for even thinking that he wouldn't want me because of my body's appearance or how good I was.

First times can be awkward and uncomfortable, but I was relaxed, and Tyler took his time. He made sure I was alright, and that we could stop whenever I wanted. He took care of me before, and he took care of me after. I fell asleep in his arms, and I awoke in his arms.

Tyler groans and unconsciously pulls me in, kissing my head and snuggling closer. I smile at him and kiss his chest, his body heat being a million times hotter given the fact that we are both still currently clothe-less. His breathing starts to get uneven and he moves only the slightest, making me look up at him. "Morning, sunshine." He says tiredly, and rubs my bare back with his fingertips, sending shivers down my spine.

"Morning." I respond, and sigh, sitting up alongside Ty. I wince as I move so he can move up further.

"How are you?" He asks softly, and I give him an assuring smile, a truthful one at that.

"Good–great, actually. Just sore." I reply. I see the boy side of him in his eyes, proud of what he accomplished, and what the outcome was. I smack his stomach lightly. I look at him and see his stupid, gorgeous smirk sitting on his mouth. His amazing, amazing mouth.

"Ow!" He yelps, and I roll my eyes as I slide out of the bed. I feel his eyes on me, and thank God he can't see the flush of my neck and cheeks. I shake my hips tauntingly and shimmy on a pair of fitness shorts and one of Tyler's t-shirts. "I like you a lot better clothe-less." He states, and I hear him stand up from the bed.

"I bet you do." I chuckle.

"Are we making a bet on this? Because I will definitely take you up on that offer if it means I can see you out of the fabrics again."

"I'll pass on that." I say, throwing my hair into a side braid and putting on my moccasins. I hear Tyler huff, and I begin laughing lightly. "Don't be such a baby."

"If I recall, you were the one screaming last night." He says smugly, and I swing around and see him smirking. My face pales, then flushes.

"No way!" I exclaim.

"Whatever helps you sleep at night, sunshine." He says.

I roll my eyes and brush past him to the bathroom, quickly brushing my teeth then making my way downstairs. I see the three surrounded around the island, talking about something, but when they sense my presence they stop talking and disperse, Tyler going to the dining table, Megan running off upstairs, and Bryce to the fridge. My eyes narrow and eyebrows furrow, but I brush it off. I'm hiding my own secret, so they can hide theirs. I'm in a good mood, and I'm not going to let whatever it was that they were keeping from me get to me.