Chapter Fifty: Final Piece of the Puzzle

Chapter Fifty: "Final Piece of the Puzzle."

"WELL I'LL BE God damned." Gordon laughs. "It's been awhile since I seen your face not black and blue."

I shake my head with a small smile on my face as I give him a quick embrace. Tyler and Gordon smack each other on the backs in respect and we're lead to his office.

It's still an all-too-familiar atmosphere for me whenever I come into a station of some sort. It's sad to say, but I'm definitely not regretting saying goodbye to the rebellious ways that was me. I'm happy with not having to say hello to everyone in here a few times every half year.

We enter his office down the long and boring hall, and Tyler closes the door behind me, shutting the blinds afterwards.

"So, you're telling me that I have to sign four different packages because you put my lifeline into someone else's hands?" I speak up, cutting straight to the chase. I'm tired, and I just want to head back and sleep. I may have gotten ten hours sleep last night, but that didn't do anything for my body since we needed to be at the station for eight. At least this will only take a couple hours before we can relax before having to go back to California tomorrow night.

"Well when you put it that way it makes me sound like I purposely did it." Gordon says sarcastically, and I huff.

"Isn't that what you did?" I snap.

Me plus mornings? Nope, I'm not even going to start there.

"I know you're grouchy, but you can at least do a better job at hiding it." Gordon points out, and starts to pull open his drawers.

"You gave me a time specifically! Be here at eight sharp, you said, no buts, you said." I growl out.

"She's just grumpy because the dog puked on the floor and she stepped in it, but after he made her fall out of bed first." Tyler butts in, rubbing his hand down my shoulders soothingly, and it starts to work and calm my tense muscles, but they grow stiff once Tyler tells Nathaniel exactly why I'm moody.

"Are you serious?" Nathaniel asks amusedly, eyebrows sky high on his forehead, and a laugh struggling to keep contained.

"Answer that, and I tell your professor you're a nudist and like sleeping with dogs."

"You wouldn't."

"Don't test me." I say sharply. "Once you do, there ain't no turnin' back."

"I ain't afraid of you, darlin'." Tyler says smugly, showing his 'manliness' and how he isn't afraid of anything but it's actually the quite opposite.

"I think you are, babe." I whisper.

"I bet I'm not." Ty says. "And that I wouldn't be embarrassed about the professor."

"You sure about that? That's a lot of days spent with a man who has knowledge of you humping animals and running nude in the public. I bet you ten grand that I would." I say mightily.

That is money I would definitely love to spend; it's so on.

"You would seriously waste ten thousand dollars on a bet?" Gordon says, interrupting Tyler and I's stare off.

"Yes." He and I both say in unison.

"That's a pretty childish way to waste money." Gordon chortles, and I break eye contact with Ty and look at him.

"It's not wasting money," I point out. "He's my boyfriend and we live together. I'll probably end up getting it back anyway. His money is my money and my money is his."