Chapter Forty-Three: Kelly, Honey, Your Face Is Running

Chapter Forty-Three: "Kelly, Honey, Your Face Is Running."

MY STOMACH erupts and does a million somersaults.

Wait, what?

How did he know?

I don't look like Morgan Peters! My eyes aren't big anymore and it doesn't look like I've only had a few hours of sleep within the last week.

"W–what?" I stutter, my body frozen in shock.

Tyler pulls back with a smirk on his face. "You don't think I wouldn't not notice you, right? And I mean come on, babe, using your disguise to try and hook up with me is a little desperate.

"I wasn't desperate; I was simply testing your faithfulness and loyalty to me." I say with a shrug. Though I do, very much so, miss your abs. . .

"Were you now? Or were you just trying to get together without making it seem like it's you?" He says smugly.

"Keep your ego, honey, I was just being a girlfriend."

He turns his smirk into a full, genuine smile. He looks me down, his eyes lingering at my body slowly, taking his time. He takes his arms and runs them along my forearms, making goosebumps rise to my skin and shivers run down my back. God, how I've missed his touch.

His eyes run up my body and I blush as his gaze very slowly makes its way up to my eyes. His eyes lock with mine. "You look very beautiful, Jo."

"You mean that?" I ask softly.

"Of course, sunshine. There has never been a time where I haven't found you beautiful."

"But my eye makes me look like a slob. It looks gross." I say with a scrunch to my nose.

"Your eye isn't noticeable, sunshine." Tyler says, and I give him a small smile.

"Too bad once I wash this off it'll be back." I pout, pointing to the makeup on my face, suddenly feeling all anger and frustration and doubt towards him vanishing. It feels like nothing's even happened these past few days, which I am kind of thankful for, even though I probably will end up coming back to it eventually.

"You'll still be beautiful in my eyes. I don't care what anyone else thinks, I only have my eyes set on you. Nobody else."

"I didn't fool you? Not even once?" I ask, changing the subject to my appearance.

"You did," he says honestly, "but the moment you spoke clearly and I looked into your eyes, I knew it." Damn it! My voice, how could I forget about my God damned voice?! Great, now I need to learn how to change my voice into different tones and levels.

"But my eyes are grey now."

"Your sparkle is unique." He whispers.

A throat clears and interrupts our moment.

I turn around and see Gordon there hiding a smile, but looking impatient. "So, are we going to sign forms or what?"

***

"Alright, here, here, and–" Gordon flips a couple more pages, "here and here."

I sign my name on the pages and so does Tyler.

Tyler decided to go through the change on his own. Simon and Loretta took him downstairs, and his hair is now blonde, but his eyes remain the same colour. His form and attire is still that of his that was neutral, but he has a new wardrobe order that helps stay hidden.

He looks just as hot as he did as a brunette. But. . . he's fucking gorgeous with brown hair than blonde.

About ten minutes later, Tyler and I are good and free to go.