Chapter Forty-Nine: "'Baby Talk.' "

Chapter Forty-Nine:        " 'Baby Talk.' "

HOURS LATER, the plane touches down, we all do our airport thing, and we're getting driven to Tyler's house.

It's very early in the afternoon by the time we get to the house. The cab has dropped us off at the gates, but only two of us are walking towards the entrance.

I stop, making Tyler stop along with me, and turn around to see Megan with huge but also worried eyes.

"Why did you stop?" I ask her curiously.

"It's huge," she gasps. I immediately smirk, and shake my head.

"You've been here before." Tyler points out.

"Yeah, but that was in the middle of the night and we were all too worried about her and I didn't have enough time to explore and enjoy it!"

For safety measures, she's only ever been to Bryce's house, aside from the one time when Mase picked us up and dropped Tyler and I off at the hospital. We couldn't afford Charlie making an 'accidental' stop at the Belmont-Grey residence and having Megan be there, so we stuck to boundaries. That being said, obviously my house was crossed off that list. She hasn't ever been to my house, even though we've passed it. As far as she knows, I live across town, far away from her school and house.

"Clearly Bryce hasn't shown her your place, sunshine." Tyler whispers in my ear. I drop Tyler's hand and walk to where Megan stands.

"Come on, future sister of mine, it's time for you to properly meet the people who've raised and dealt with me." I say to her with a grin. She looks really nervous once I said that, but Tyler steps up, helping me drag her along.

"They do not bite, if you don't or can't remember last time. . . but," Tyler chuckles. "Jo might."

I smack my boyfriend's arm and turn towards Megan. "Don't listen to him." I whisper, wrapping my arm around hers. "He definitely bites more than I do."

Megan smirks, and pushes my hair aside. "I can see that." She giggles. "He bites a lot."

I gasp, my eyes wide, and I feel around my neck and shoulders, sure enough feeling the skin hot and a little sore.

"Tyler!" I exclaim, turning around and glaring at him.

"What?" He asks innocently, though definitely he knows what I'm hissing about.

"You gave me a hickey?!"

"No." He scoffs, coming up and wrapping an arm around my shoulders. "I gave you four."

"Tyler!"

"Okay, okay, so maybe it was actually like five or six, no. . . I wanna say it was eight, maybe? But–"

"What in the hell am I going to do with you?" I grumble, shaking my head as we near the entrance, Megan howling beside me in laughter.

"Let me give you more?" He states, which makes me jab him in the ribs. "Ow! You're so mean today. I love it."

"What the hell was in that itching powder? Viagra?" Megan mutters, and my eyes widen again.

How had I forgotten that Tyler was the victim of itching powder? We had sex last night! The same day Bryce bombed it on his man panties.

"Oh my God!" I gasp, and turn to Tyler, who raises his eyebrows at me confusedly. "We had sex!"

He chuckles lightly. "I know."

"No, we had sex." I say more quietly.

He frowns. "Like we always do, sunshine."

"No!" I groan. "We had sex the same day you got bombed with itch powder!"