Chapter Forty-Four: Worrisome Endings

Chapter Forty-Four: "Worrisome Endings."

I WAKE up panicking and not knowing what's happened and why my clothes are all bloody.

I shoot up from my slumber and frantically look around for my boyfriend, worrying if my dream is actually coming true right now.

Oh God, I killed him, didn't I? Where the hell is he and why is there blood all over me?!

I look down at my pillow and see it soaked in sweat, and I feel dampness underneath the sheets. I gulp as I slide the covers up and see I'm sitting in a pool of blood.

No.

No, no, no, no, no! What is happening?! Am I living my dream right now?

Charlie drugged me and ordered me to kill my boyfriend and that's exactly what I did!

My chest is heaving heavily and I literally slap myself across the face.

I am not dreaming.

"Tyler!" I scream, rubbing my forehead, not caring about getting blood in my hands.

A few moments later the door bursts open and instead of expecting Tyler, I see Bryce barge in. "What?! What's wrong?" He asks quickly.

"I didn't call you." I say, crossing my arms and regret it because my thighs squish as I position myself.

"I know. But you're stuck with me for the next twenty minutes."

"Why?"

"Because Megan and Tyler went out to buy tampons for you." He answers, and unlike what he usually would do, he didn't cringe at the word 'tampons.'

Ever since Bryce and Megan started going out, Bryce hasn't been complaining about having to go out and buy feminine hygiene.

Not as much, anyway.

He still complains a lot, but not as much as he did before they met. He still hates going down the aisle, and he still refuses to unless he has no other choice. Unlike Faith, Megan doesn't put up with Bryce's babying and so Bryce has grown to tolerate it. But, what I don't understand is why Meg went with Tyler.

I mean, Tyler knows what I get, and it finally clicks in on why I woke up in a fright with blood all over the place. Anyhow, Tyler isn't one to complain about having to go out and buy some. He doesn't care about it, and it's honestly no different than women going out to buy condoms. Everyone gets frisky somehow, and every woman gets her period. It's natural, it's a human necessity, and that's what Ty sees it as. He thinks that it's not a big deal, whereas Bryce seems to feel emasculated by going out and doing it.

He has a whole different view on womanhood.

"Why didn't Tyler just go? He knows what I get." I ask, my eyebrows scrunching up.

Bryce answers easily, "Meg needed some too."

"But–"

"Tyler is still working on knowing her brands or whatever it is that you girls prefer. She gets this sensitive and some special ingredient-less shit because she's allergic to something in the made product so she gets a special type."

Wait, Megan is allergic to tampons?

God, that must be awful.

Maybe that explains on why she never comes with me to buy some or asks me to get her a box when I ask her if she needs any.

"I–I never knew that." I admit. Nearly a year of knowing her, and I'm just finding out things that most girls would know by month two.

"Believe me, I don't even want to know." Bryce mutters.