Chapter Thirty-Six: Drawing Conclusions

Chapter Thirty-Six: "Drawing Conclusions."

"OH MY GOD, guys, it's beautiful!" Megan exclaims as I unlock the door of our apartment. The building is twenty-one stories, and we just so happen to have the three top floors of the building. I know Tyler and I agreed to lay low on the money spectrum, but our inner wealth revealed itself, and honestly the apartment is beautiful, so we couldn't resist. Him and I flew over to sign the lease and get the keys about a week and a half ago, and to say it's breathless would be an understatement. "I thought the lobby was nice, this, this, is paradise."

"Thanks," I smile at her. She's felt better and hasn't thrown up since I have, and she seems to be getting her appetite and energy back. She can walk without looking nauseated, and is able to drive. She drove into the city, and she was doing great given her recent bug. "We're about an hour and a half from Santa Cruz, too, and I've longed to go into their beaches. The sunsets there are so gorgeous, it makes me melt just as much as Tyler does."

"We need to go on a trip there," Megan says giddily, and runs to our window, having a nice view of the city. The windows go from floor to ceiling, and are tinted on the outside so we can't have any Peeping Toms. We have a view of the water from our penthouse, but it didn't have as nice of a sight as Santa Cruz's. The water is kind of dull and boring looking, but we got the apartment for the apartment and it's location; not the water surrounding it. It's only like a twenty minute drive to campus, and that's all we cared about. Tyler's going to UCB with me, so it's a win-win for both of us.

Megan is running around the house like a maniac, searching the grounds and exploring. Tyler and I did our gawking on our first day here, so we're kind of over it. The furniture was already here, so we literally just needed to move in.

Coming out of the elevator, it's a small waiting area leading to two clear glass french doors, which is when you actually enter the house. Pass that door and in the entrance is the main foyer to the first floor, where we lounge and eat. There's a large square crystal chandelier between reflection glassed ceiling, and a white leather bench to sit to take shoes or whatever off to the right of the door. There's a black marble table, which has a vase of fake flowers and a basket that Tyler and I are going to use for keys.

Go through the main foyer and there's a small living room and kitchen. The living room has high rise ceilings up to the second floor, and has a spiralled staircase in between the kitchen and living space, a little platform between the first and second floors for stacking things between flights secured by glass rails. Shockingly, a lot of the things in this penthouse are made with glass. The railings, the ceilings in some rooms, doors. This is what we would just lounge in if we had people coming but not staying. It consists of a chocolate coloured sectional couch that could seat eight. This room is a little dark, but it's light with the natural light beaming through the windows. In this living room, it's all natural lighting, besides from the lights that spotlight the stairs.

Stepping into the kitchen of the first floor, it's small, and has a four seater creme table, and a stove and fridge. It overlooks the other side of the building, which is facing the airport, but luckily the walls are soundproof so it makes hearing the planes difficult unless windows are opened. The second floor overlooks the kitchen on the first floor.

Moving on to floor number two, this is where the main living room and kitchen are. They're open concepts like downstairs, but much larger and more spacious. It's lighter upstairs than it is downstairs, with most of the colours white, creme, or black. There's a large island with a white marble slab counter top with white leather stools. The remaining counters are white as well, with the cupboards being black with translucent glass, and the wood made beneath the slabs are all black. The three stoves, one main and two doubles, and the fridge are all stainless steel. There's lights scattered around the ceilings, mainly in the kitchen and dining area, and a large trapezoid shaped fan above the large glass stove.