Chapter Forty-Six: Big Decisions And Bold Moves

Chapter Forty-Six: "Big Decisions And Bold Moves."

IT WAS nearly impossible for me to go to sleep that night.

No matter how badly I tried, I just couldn't. Usually the steadiness of Tyler's breathing down my neck and how tightly he squishes me at night in his arms is enough to make me drowsy, but not even the comfort of my boyfriend's arms is enough to make me fall asleep.

Not to mention the cramps and headache that is for sure present.

Knowing that sleep is no longer an option, I sigh softly and waste a good minute on trying to slip out of Tyler's strong and secure hold. I finally slip out by crawling out of them towards the end of the bed than to make him let go of me. I kiss his cheek once I'm free and throw a bra on.

I have no idea what time it is, but judging from the pitch blackness that is outside, it's sometime in the middle of the night. I scratch my head, reminding myself to shower once everyone is up, and haul my sore, tired ass downstairs.

Reaching the main floor, it's empty, dark, and quiet. The lights from incoming and outgoing planes are the only source of light coming into the living room/kitchen.

I yawn and walk to the pantry and pull out an Orange Pekoe teabag and put some water in a kettle and turn it on. I settle for some soup from a can, and pour the chicken noodle contents out of the can and into a bowl, throwing it into the microwave, hoping it'll help sooth my achey feeling and some of the nausea I have.

I prep everything in the darkness, and rush quickly to the microwave before it starts beeping loudly once it hits zero.

One thing I hate? Waking up people in the middle of the night from the microwave beeping.

Though I never really had that problem since Mom was always working, Charlie was never home, and Tyler wouldn't be able to hear anything from my room, I always forgot whenever I had the mid-night munchies at Tyler's house and I would accidentally wake someone by the loud noise of the microwave.

Tyler's house had thinner walls than mine did.

It was usually him who would wake up anyway, but it probably annoyed the hell out of him.

I'm grabbing the milk and sugar, alongside a spoon when I hear some squeaking and shuffling from somewhere in the house. I can't decipher where it's coming from, since I can't see three feet in front of me besides the window where the planes are, but the airport is starting to quieten down.

I can't help but feel a little nervous, and I feel the strong need to carry a hostile weapon, so I grab my soup and made tea at the same time, and make my way cautiously to the living room where the TV lays.

Then the noise says my name, and a scared squeak comes out of my mouth. It says it so seriously, that it makes my skeleton want to jump out of my skin and hide.

For a moment, I was beyond terrified. Just for a moment.

Then it's gone as fast as it came.

"Now, now, now, I thought you were done with the hallucination phase? Are you trying to scare the shit out of yourself?"

The pounding in my chest starts to steady itself, and I place the very hot contents in my hand onto the coffee table. I scratch my head again, rubbing my arms together to stop the goosebumps that made me cold.

Maybe I should have at least put a shirt on before coming down wearing Ty's pants and my bra.

"I was being cautious!" I grumble. "I'm sure you would be up for nearly four days knowing that your planned murderer is on your ass and is very close!"