Chapter Forty-Eight: Cherry On Top Of A Never-Ending Sundae

Chapter Forty-Eight: "Cherry On Top Of A Never-Ending Sundae."

"HE'S GOING TO KILL me." I groan, throwing my face in my heads.

"He won't."

"He will." I argue.

"It wasn't his right, Morgs. It isn't his choice to choose how I live my life. Sure, this is pretty freaking huge, but he still had no right."

"I'm just worried." I say.

"He won't do anything, Jo. He won't hurt you." Megan says strictly.

"I know that," I mumble. "I'm worried about you. I don't want you involved, I just want you to know my story and have a heads up so that if anything happens, you know what to expect."

I went on for days about if whether or not I could go through with telling Megan my story and history. I was doubting everything; yes, it wasn't necessary, but on the other hand, neither was my being hunted down.

My biggest fear was having to sacrifice my best friend just so I couldn't keep any secrets hidden from her. It was a pretty selfish way to go along considering I lied to her for almost a year about who Morgan Peters really is–or should I say Kelly Parker. I've been going around by my real name in the house for Megan's sake, but out in public, everything changes. I need to dress up, and I need to look two years older than I actually am.

I guess now, I can be Kelly without any suspicions.

Megan's reaction to my situation was definitely one I wasn't expecting. She kept together pretty well, and didn't break down like we all thought she would have. Of course she got uneasy, nervous, and visibly tense at the mention that I've taken lives, and been ripped of my childhood with attempted murder, but other than that, she took the beating extremely well.

But the stories are always easier told then they are recreated if you're not the one who experienced it.

"I'll be okay, Jo." Megan assures me for the hundredth time. "I promise."

"Megan. . ." I sigh. "I don't want you ending up in the grave next to my mom,"

"By mom we're talking about Vicky, right?" She asks, and I stiffen, but nod. "Okay, well then we're going to have to make sure that doesn't happen, then."

"You don't understand, Megs, it's not that easy," Ty interferes.

"You guys are working with the cops though, right? So you have protection and S.W.A.T too."

"No," I groan. "We have a New Orleans detective. We don't have other officers because my dad is military–he could have inside alibis and find out information that way. Now that we're in California, we don't have any acquaintances; the only people that know everything is the three of us and now you. But Megan, you need to promise me something."

"Okay, I promise."

"I haven't even told you yet." I say with an arched brow.

"Still." She rolls her eyes. "Okay, tell me."

"This needs to stay between the four of us and the four of us only." Tyler says.

"I know that more people know about it, but they're people who have known for years, Megs. The detective working with us was the officer who was basically watching over me since I started becoming a delinquent. And Ty's parents–they know everything.

"Megan, if anyone finds out, I'm dead. I already found someone here that's close, and I haven't even been revealing Kelly to anyone. If my name gets out, there's an extremely good chance that I'll be dead by the break of dawn by the end of the week; and that's only if they take their time."