Chapter Fifty-Six: To Be Continued

Chapter Fifty-Six: "To Be Continued."

"AND I THINK that's the last of it."

"Thank you, so much for helping me, Gordon. I really mean it." I say sympathetically, giving him a smile.

He returns it, and smiles wide. "Anytime, kid. I'm just a call away."

I look over at Tyler, who is now giving Gordon a shake and 'bro hug.' "I appreciate all you've done for us, sir. I don't think Jo would be where she is without your help."

"Don't mention it, Tyler." He says. "I've been watching over her for over a decade."

I scratch my chin and rub beneath it. It's been really itchy, and I hate how my hair is already growing out, making it worse. "Ready to go home?" I ask my boyfriend.

He peers down at me and smirks. "When you are."

With one last wave goodbye, Tyler and I start walking out of Gordon's office. "Morgan?"

I spin around. "Yeah, Nathaniel?"

He points to me. "I hope whoever did that looks just as bad."

I unconsciously feel my throat, the memory coming back. I give a tight-lipped smile. "He does, sir." I mutter.

He nods and we walk out hand in hand. How Nathaniel saw it is beyond me because Megan helped cover me up again, but I guess with my excessive itching it caused some of the makeup to rub off.

When we get to the taxi we called, Tyler and I enter the backseat silently, heading to the airport. We told Bryce and Megan that we would meet them at the airport after we finished our things with the police. I told Gordon that my dad is in town, and that's all he knows. I think he suspects that he's the one who left these bruises, but I guess it's better for him to assume that than me say someone else did it.

He said he'd keep tabs on area personally given my dad's connections with the police.

Twenty minutes later, our taxi stops at the stop way for cabs and I reach over to pay the driver, but Ty beats me to it. I shrug–less money I need to spend–and we get out.

I catch Bryce and Megan standing on the side with all our suitcases, and we make our way to them.

"Everything cleared up?" Megan asks.

"It is. We're good to go." I reply with a smile.

"That's great! I need to pee though, so let's get inside and get me to a bathroom before something bad happens." She says, I never realized her legs have been bouncing until now. She must really need to go.

Nonetheless we head inside the airport and Megan rushes to go to the bathroom. She comes out a couple minutes later, and we go through your regular security clearances and all that fun stuff.

An hour later, and we're all on the plane ride home.

I squirm in my seat to get comfortable, leaning my head on Ty's shoulder. He smiles down at me, an adorable look on his face. "Good?" He asks.

"Good." I nod, and he leans down to kiss me softly.

I turn my head, and bury it in him. I've been overly tired and sore these past few days, but it's nothing I'm going to stress over. I inhale deep breaths, preparing to fall asleep.

I can't help think how close I was to dying. Two days ago, last year, and not to mention the fact that I've already died.

All because of the same man.