Bonus Chapter - Tyler's POV - Chapter Four

*Important A/N at the end*

Chapter Four: "Thank God This Is A Leave-In Conditioner."

"I can't believe you're making me do this." I scoff as Bryce and I enter the elevator. It shouldn't be embarrassing to go shopping for a woman who needs tampons; it's natural.

I mean, I think nothing of it when I shop for Jo. It's just reading the label, picking it up, and walking to the cashier. It's not like the person at the register will comment on it or judge you for doing it. If anything, they probably salute you, considering not all men are comfortable going to pick up that kind of stuff.

Bryce is honestly just a pansy.

"I can't believe you can do this. It's so weird and unnatural. I don't see women buying us anything that personal." He says pointedly, in which I just roll my eyes. That boy. . . sometimes I wonder how we're even friends.

"Actually, you do," I state. "Jo buys me stuff all the time. Even condoms."

"Shut up." He grumbles. "But didn't you tell Jo that you only had sex once?"

"Yeah," I say awkwardly. "But she thinks they're for you." I grin after.

"Why didn't you just tell her the truth?" He presses. The elevator dings and we both step off, waving at the receptionist at the desk.

"I didn't want her to think any less of me," I explain. "I don't want her to think that I'm some player who will only use girls for sex and nothing else."

"Isn't that what you do, though?" He questions.

"You know her, man," I mumble, "you know how she is. She's insecure and you and I both know that it'll take a while to let her loosen up."

"If you just told her how you fuckin' felt then she'd probably loosen up more." He laughs. "You've been crazy about her since the eighth grade, Tyler. And believe it or not, I'm pretty sure she feels the same way."

"She wouldn't have sex with me, Bryce." I frown. "She isn't the friends with benefits type, and she hasn't responded to any of the signals I've sent. Besides, I love her. . . I can't use her like I do those other girls."

"Then don't use her." He says simply, rolling his eyes.

"Old habits die hard." I hiss.

"Why do you use them anyway, then?" He retorts. "Why not commit?"

"Obviously because I love Morgan, and second, I'm eighteen, and I have fantasies. Jo can't give me those fantasies, so I have one night stands to have a release."

"And it works?"

"If I look at the girl, no, not really." I say honestly. "And as nasty as this sounds, if I really want it, I'll just think of her and that'll do it."

"If you just told her man, your life would probably be so much easier." He grins. "Plus, why think of her while you screw other women when you can have the real deal."

"I don't want to be rejected." I say. "Plus, we're best friends, and I cherish our friendship. She has a rough life and she needs someone who will protect her and be there. That's me! I can't jeopardize that. We've been best friends for over ten years and I can't just throw that all away because I'm attracted to her. As for sex, she's shy, it won't happen."

"You're attracted to her romantically, though." He says , slapping my shoulder. "That's the difference. You don't want her for sex or her body or for a release. You want all of her. And frankly, that's quite obvious because I can see her waiting until she's thirty."