Chapter Thirty-Five: You're Not Alone

Chapter Thirty-Five: "You're Not Alone."

THESE PAST couple years have been great.

I've graduated from high school, got a boyfriend who I love more than I could even take, a job, my own place–which is still on-going–and I'm going to start my first year of college in three months.

The years still had their problems, though.

I still had my abusive dad, an absent mother, and I went through hell in just the span of a couple months. I died, I got blown up, I had my house get broken in to, and I'm still being hunted.

Today is the anniversary of the warehouse incident.

The day I found out that Tyler and his family had been taken hostage and tortured mentally to no end. The day that scared me the absolute most. From that moment on, mistakes were not allowed to be made otherwise consequences would arise and I just simply couldn't afford to pay for them. I went through too much all at once, which caused my brain to fly into overdrive, which made my overdrive go into overdrive. Everything happened so suddenly that I couldn't take any time to process what had happened; I just had to work in the moment and grief and regret just couldn't fit into my schedule of staying alive and out of the way of my hunters.

I went through that phase, though. It was about a week after everyone at the warehouse was caught and put behind bars, and it just so happened to be the day that Faith was snapping at me in the interrogation room that I finally managed to sink into my thick skull that what happened, happened, and there was nothing I could do to prevent them from harming those around me. They still would have taken lives, and I still would continue to take the blame for it and have the baggage stay with me.

It's still there; the baggage. I haven't ever thought about it and not blamed myself. Had I done things differently, there would have been a different outcome, but things went the way they did, Mother Nature took her course and screwed me over a lot more than I thought. I have the cops on my ass every moment, and not because I'm a troublemaker. This massacre took a lot of work and lives, and that costed me. It costed me my freedom, it costed me my dignity and strength. It costed me family and that's something that I can't get rid of or just forget.

I'll always know that it was caused because of me; Faith made that pretty clear, and I already knew that from square one. This is revenge from Charlie, and I can't just play cat and mouse wit him and just run away from my problems. This is the biggest one yet, and if I want this to end, I might have to lose Charlie and become the predator instead of the prey. It'll be more dangerous than just going into hiding, and I'll need a lot of skill and patience. It'll definitely put my life at risk, especially Tyler as well, but I can't go through with getting rid of Charlie for good without taking those risks.

That being said, Tyler and I agreed upon one another to transfer out of state, and have us go undercover permanently as new people. Gordon wanted us to completely leave the States and move to Canada, because I simply couldn't understand Spanish enough to reside in Mexico. Gordon agreed that we'd be safer, and it'd help Morgan and Tyler find Charlie, without playing the role of Morgan and Tyler.

As far as Charlie is concerned from what we know, we don't know anything. He still thinks that I'm not expecting him, and that he trusted his employees to keep their dirty little mouths shut. He's made mistakes along our little game, and I know he's well aware of them. His biggest mistake was trusting Faith, because she can't keep secrets. If she's screwed, then she'll sing to you like a Canary. She's going to prison for life, and she was right when she had nothing to lose. She told me they're not finished, and she told me that my dad was the one behind all these murders. The massacre, the hotel and house break-in.