His truth.

Qulsum's POV.

Me and maa had dinner and Yaseen was obviously not home yet.

"Alright here's some junk." Maa says coming in and emptying a bag of chips and cookies and candies came out. 

"Oh God! Is that why you went out?" I ask opening the chocolate bar.

"I thought why not eat sweet for a bitter truth," she says.

"You were telling me about.."

"Right. So yeah he's my husband. We both worked in our clothes company. He came to my dad and asked for my hand in marriage. My dad asked me
And I said yes of course.

Because we did have some..attraction to each other but never made it direct. We did the nikah and then had the actual wedding a couple months later.

We owned our businesses but had other hobbies too. So anyway everything was great. I was so happy I can't even explain. We were like best friends and husband and wife. We went out to eat and at the same time had our space.

Everything was fine. But then we were told that I was not able to have a child. We were devastated. I kind of started getting depressed. But he stuck by me," she pauses and hen pushes all her hair back.

"Hold on. If you couldn't have a kid what about Yaseen?" I ask.

She doesn't reply and begins to wipe her teary eyes.

"Yaseen-"

"I'm adopted." Yaseens voice echoes into my ears. I turn and there he stood with his hands shoved in his pockets.

Wow. I would have NEVER guessed that. Yes they looked nothing alike. But he cared for her so much.

"What?"  I whisper.

"You wonder why I'm like this don't you?" He says.

His mom gets up and slowly leaves.

"Do you know how it feels when you feel alone? When you feel useless? Do you?

You see you have something I never had. A family. You have no idea how important a family is. People who love you, care for you.

But you don't know my past. My struggles and my pain.

My own mother gave me away to my aunt. I was 4 years old! And 6 months later she was willing to give me away. To her. The woman who cares for me like no one else.

But you know what's worse? When your actual mother comes and asks for money. Selling me. Do you fucking know how much it hurts!" He says with anger and frustration clearly written over his face.

"Then I came here. My mom and dad. Until my dad left me too. How many people must I lose!

I hate him! To see my mother in pain it killed me. It hurt. It still does. Her smile holds so much pain you don't even know.

You won't because you have no issues. You don't know my pain. I don't believe in building new relationships anymore.

Its fucking worthless. I will stay this way because this is who I am. My past and my pain won't go.

You know what I am? A fucking kid who got sold like a toy.
Whose mother doesn't want
Whose aunt kicked out and  whose father left.

You know, he didn't even come by to just see me. Just a hug or a chat. Even for a minute! If he just came to me once a week even!

But no. He couldn't even spare a fucking second for me.

And now I'm stuck like this. You can't change me because I will never be able to forget what I've been through.

You don't know what its like to be alone . To feel pain by people who should love you. I hate this idea of a fucking relationship I hate it so much."he stops. He was sweating and red and he was panting for air.

Little does he know. I do know what pain is. I do know how it feels to be alone and worthless. I know how much it hurts when people who should love you don't care. I've never lived the way he thinks I've been living.

I clear my throat ready to respond.

"You go to the house of Allah daily. Why? Because you love him. You love your religion. A religion of peace.

Think of the pain Prophet muhammad.
Such hate. A lady would throw her garbage near his door. And one day it wasn't there. You know what he did? He went to visit her to make sure she was okay.

And when he was attacked with children throwing rocks at him, he prayed that they would go towards the right path.

You know how much pain he went through. But he never lost hope. So why are you? Allah loves those who forgive. So just let it go. Allah will surely make things better for you."

I paused for a second and then got up.

"I know you don't want any more relationships. But I'll still stick by your side. I'm just saying that I'm here for you,  I always will. You can trust me. I promise." I say quietly and then he just walked off.

All he needs to do is let go. Once he does that all that weight of pain will go away.

He never opened up like that. It just shows, that he is hurting inside. He just keeps everything bottled up. Putting on this act where he doesn't care.

But in reality he's just gone though a lot.

Hope you enjoyed!
Don't forget to vote!

And as always

~Be Loyal and Stay Royal~

~