Phone call

Qulsum's POV.

Yaseen must have picked up. I don't think I'm going to tell him about Binyamin simply because I know it's going to bother him. Plus he's irrelevant.

I took my phone and sat down onto the couch and texted Sam for about an hour and Yaseen came in.

"What are you doing?" He asks sitting down next to me.

"Just texting my friend." I say calmly.

"What friend?"

"Sam."

"Girl right?"

I look up from my phone and stare at him checking to see wether he was serious or not. He was.

"Obviously!"

"Then let me see" he says putting his hand out waiting for me to pass him my phone.

"Um why..." I ask.

"Give me the phone Qulsum."

"You don't trust me?"

"Pass me your phone" he repeats.

"For wha-" he snatched the phone away before I could finish and stood up reading my texts. This is absolutely ridiculous.

"Why are you sending hearts?" He asks. What the heck is wrong with this guy.

"We are friends read the text and you will understand."

"Do you have any boys number?"

"My Gosh no."

"So then who called earlier. I picked up and it was a guy. Don't lie." He says staring at me clearly angry.

"Relax. He's staying with my dad."

"So how the f*cl does he have your number and why? You were not even gone for a week."

"My dad probably told him to call cause I wasn't picking up I don't know I never gave it to him."

"You're lying."

"Listen to me. If I say I love you to you that means I love you and I will not hurt you. It means you can trust me and I will not break it because I care for you. If you can't trust me then that is your problem. I have done nothing wrong. Now if you have some girls number or if you're doing something wrong that's you and shows what kind of a person you are."

He stares at me without a word.

"I called someone. But I left her. I never cheated on you. Trust me."

I stared at him blankly. I didn't understand why he had to call another girl? Why?

I don't know why this made me so emotional. He didn't cheat. He made a call. But still. I was going to tear up. Not in front of him. Not again.

"What did you call for?"

"To be honest I asked to meet her then I said never mind because I knew you would be upset."

I held myself from crying.

"Who is she?"

"Just an old friend. You met her before. Long time ago." He says.

I knew who he was talking about. It hurt. I remember him complimenting and praising her. Bringing her to hurt me. Here he is standing tall confessing. It hurt.

I couldn't say more. I would break right there. I stayed quiet turned around and went for the back yard.

"Don't walk away from me"

"Why are you going outside at this time. " he asks as I opened the door.

"Just leave me alone." I say. I walked around the garden without holding back the tears. It's been too long since I've felt alone. I almost forgot the pain.