Dinner

Shout out to  @jiminwifie for making the new cover!
---

"Qulsum" I say pulling her back in.

"I would like to apologize. No not because you cried but because I genuinely feel bad because I  am wrong. I am sincerely sorry." I say closing the door.

She didn't say anything. I wish I could control my anger. But I can't. That's not me. I'm not who I want to be. I've realized this now.

Something is really bugging me now. Yes I was harsh I feel bad but the things she said might have hit me a little harder than she may have Intended.

I made it clear that I don want her to love me or vice versa. But I think I might have been wrong. I think I actually might love her. But it was too late.

I get what she means. People like me who treat the girl like shit and then expect to get them to love us after we decide to love them. It's like we keep control. I don't have control of myself. But I love her. This time I'll prove it. Even if she won't feel the same.

"I don't care about your apologies. Because every time I think oh maybe now he's changed or maybe now we can be friends. But no. You'll be nice for a minute and say a bunch of kind things then back to your monster self. I hate people like you. You mean nothing to me just like I mean nothing to you. And now I've realized you and I can never be friends. I cant trust you or have a conversation without you losing your temper. We will never be happy together."

-

"Where are you going dressed like that?" I ask coming downstairs and seeing my mom dressed in red. I didn't like it.

"What? I just think he shouldn't control the way I dress when he doesn't even live with us"

"What's the matter she looks so pretty."

"My dad likes that dress. Or liked it."

"Yaseen. Relax"

Qulsum was there smiling. She looked at me and then stopped and I smiled but she wasn't looking.

"Ok well I'm on my way to work I'll drop you off."

"No. That's ok." She says.

"I'm going with her." Qulsum says.

"You can come too."

"I have to um get ready."

"You look good already." I said.

My mom looked towards me surprised and so was Qulsum.

She smiled at me but Qulsum just looked down.

"Ok anyway I'll go." I say

"Salam Alaykum." I say walking out.

Qulsum' POV

"So what's the story about the dress I say smirking.

"Nothing. Shall we go? We don't wanna keep him waiting. "

-

We got to Yaseen's fathers house and I smiled because my mother in law was also smiling. I could feel they were connecting.

"Oh good you're here." His father says letting us in and leading us to the living room.

We talked for a while about my book about plans for me about their careers. My thoughts were bringing back old memories would help them get even closer.