Threat

The days just seemed to go by the same thing over and over like I was replaying a movie. Just like a routine. How can one person be so important?

"They're taking her!" My mom runs in tears rolling down her cheeks.

"Who?" I ask hugging her.

"Her family.Qulsum's family. They're taking her. Stop them Yaseen.." she whispers helplessly.

It needs to end. It's getting ridiculous.

I took the number from my mom and called them,

"I'll marry your daughter." I said and waited for a response. The pain I felt saying that was unbearable. I've never felt so disgusted with myself, with the words that came out of my mouth.

"But only because I love Qulsum."

"At least say Salam." It was the mother.

"Please do not ask me to say more than what I have already said. Because if I talk to you any more by Allah words that you don't want to hear will come out." I said trying to stay calm.

" we want an engagement dress we want a nikah dress and we want a Walima dress and-"

"My mother and I will come to your house in an hour or so. We will discuss this then. Salam alaykum" just with that I hung up.

I don't know if I should go into that house. I will hurt someone. Badly.

-

"Don't cause a scene please Yaseen. Be nice."

"So long as they don't speak to us with disrespect" I say as we get out of the car.

We rang the bell and her step mother opened the door and greeted us with Salam.

"Come in make yourselves at home." She says acting like we're all cool.

"Thank you" My mom says and I was already feeling uncomfortable.

We sat down and Aliza and Danish came in. They both kept their gaze on me. That's right Keep your eyes on me you ruthless children.

"Look I dont want to stay any longer than I need to so if you can call your husband in that would be great." I said and Danish Aliza and their moms mouths dropped.

"Oh. Right. Actually he's at work and he won't be here so it's jus us." The mom says and I stared at her confused. Is she on drugs?

"Ok well then we'll come back when he -"

"No no he will be fine with whatever decision we make"

"Just tell us what you want so we can confirm it all." I said staring at Danish. He was glaring at me. If he wants to fight I'll fight.

"Ok so we want an engagement dress Nikah dress Walimah dress. Oh and during all these occasions we don't want anyone knowing that you're married to Qulsum." She said smiling.

"Oh and Please don't bring her up after today. Like talk about her or whatever" Aliza adds in. Bitch ill slap you with that pathetic sassy voice you got on. What makes her think I'll be talking to her anyway? I can't be nice. I just can't.

Zainab came in bringing food and placing it on the table for us to take. This one is just as stupid. I sound like a real asshole but this family just I can't explain.

"We want our fair gold and money or whatever. Also buy a house for Aliza. Under her name. She should have her own car. I don't want you guys putting any restrictions on her."

"You can have it all but you'll never take the place of Qulsum. She is irreplaceable. You told us what you want and now I will tell you what I will do. Do not think for a second that I will introduce her as my wife to anyone. You can live in the house have your own room do whatever however, I will not be spending time with you. I will stay with Qulsum in our room. I will not communicate with you unnecessarily. I'm making everything clear so later you don't complain. After Qulsum gets better you can stay but me and Qulsum will probably leave the house and live in our own-"

"Get better?" The three siblings looked at each other and bursted out laughing.

Their mother raises her hand gesturing for them to stop.

"Mr.Yaseen. Do you not know the meaning of marriage? Your conditions are absolutely ridiculous!"

"No. Do not ask me what a marriage is when you are selling your daughter!"

"HOW DARE YOU-" she yells.

"Do not interrupt me I am not done talking." I say calmly.

"Who do you think you are saying-"

I stood up and planted a smug smirk on my face.

"You are selling your daughter. You are making demands for materialistic things that have high cost which I have no problem of giving but it doesn't change the fact that all you really want is money. I don't fcare sell her I'm only buying her out of helplessness." I say and she was looking at me like she was going to attack.

"That's enough Yaseen" My mom says holding my arm.

"The truth must be told."

"Yaseen talk to my mother with respect. We are family. Where is your manners don't come into my house disrespect my mother and think you'll get away with it. This is my house not yours. We do not talk to our elders this way. We want an apology I will not ask again and I want a sincere one." Danish says standing up. It was the first time I felt a little respect for him. But he wasn't putting himself in my position.

"No. I will not. I have said nothing that I regret. I have a lot more to say actually-"

"Yaseen come on. Leave I'll come later." My mom says and I look at her sympathetically. I know she was hurt. I could see it on her face.

"Mama you go can go home. I'm not done with this. I'm gonna go talk with Danish." I said.

"Oh-"

"I'll see you at home."

"Yaseen do not say anything wrong and apologize."

"I'll see you at home." I repeated one more time. She knew how stubborn I was going to be.

She pulled my arm and I lowered my head.

"I'm going to call Ahmad or Safiya to pick me up. If you're not home in 45 minutes I'm reporting my car stolen." She whispers glaring at me.

I nod. She waves at the family with a smile.
"I'll call you later in the day!" She says and my step mother in law just nods and smiles.

This was way too weird.

~Be Loyal and Stay Royal~