Stop

Once we were there I expected him to kind of humble down but he just wasn't cooperating. It was so irritating.

"Do you want any fruits?" I ask.

"Whatever we don't get someone else will. Get what you want." He snaps.

What the heck. This was absurd and simply childish.

"You have 3 minutes"

I ignored him and took my time. This was not going to be the last time we go shopping together for groceries. I want to do normal things. Just because other people can do the work doesn't mean we shouldn't.

Once we got out he walked in front of me and to be honest I didn't want to go with him. He just really annoyed me thinking he's too good for going into a grocery store.

"I'm using the bus." I say and he turns around.

"Our car is right there. You're not using the bus." He says but Ignore him and head towards the bus stop.

"Qulsum. Come here." He says following after.

"You're not too good to do your own shopping darling." I say and he stares at me.

"I don't go into grocery stores ok? It's my personal issue so leave it at that."

"Just say you're not too good for it." I say and he stares at me.

"No. I won't"

I stared at him waiting.

"Let's go." He says taking my hand

"Why don't you just leave me alone." I say pulling my hands away from his.

"You are so dramatic." He says gripping my arm and pulling me towards the car.

"No I just think it's ridiculous that you don't want into a stupid grocery store as if you are better than us middle class people. You think you have money so -"

"The money is yours too okay." He says.

"I don't want it! I don't care about the stupid money. Can you just understand that I want to do normal things like I don't know go to places like eating at fast food restaurants instead of proper ones or order food home or just chill out without everything being so sophisticated. Just normal things that don't require getting into these expensive cars!" I say and he stares at me.

"We can talk about this-"

"Can you just say yes or no? Just normal things!"

"Well I guess I'm not normal. You married me and this is what you have. Let's go home."

"No. I'm not going anywhere with you."

"Qulsum."

I begin walking away.

"Qulsum!" He Calls out again.

Yaseen's POV.

I was annoyed by this stupid childish scene we just had. It was totally unnecessary and I have no intention to further play a part in it.

I don't want to go into a ridiculous grocery store to shop for groceries when people can do it for me. That's my personal choice. I am normal. I am completely normal. She married a man from a higher financial class which means this is what she signed up for. This is my lifestyle. This is how I choose to live. I see no place where I was wrong as I even cooperated into action walking in the store with her.

I came home and my parents were there in the living room watching a comedy.

"Where's Qulsum?" My mom asks as soon as she sees me trying to go up without being seen.