10 years

"Everything was okay that day." I say and she nods.

"Yeah exactly. What if he came to get you and  he went to his friends house. He probably waited but you didn't show up for a long time." She says taking his side.

"He should have waited or come the next day"

"What if he came again but you were out again."

"Bullshit."

"It's possible that somehow he was getting the hint that you didn't want to see him."

"Stop acting like you know everything."

"He's still your father." She mumbles.

"It's best that you don't interfere in my family issues." I say and she presses her lips together and then nods.

"Okay." She says walking over to the window and just looking out.

"You're mad." I say as she folds her arms and gazes out like she was lost in her thoughts.

"No."

"You are." I say walking towards her.

"I'm just wondering. How did you find out about...my personal stuff."

"A friend of yours was over. She was close. I guess she was aware of your position in the family. Maybe a lot of people are but none of them built up the courage to tell anyone. But that one told my mom and my mom told me."

She nods.

"I'm not a baby you know." She says looking at me.

"What?" I ask slightly confused.

"You're the first person I cried in front of. I'm not a baby but the tears just came out. I know you're thinking I'm a sensitive little loser but I'm not a wimp" She says turning away.

And suddenly my lips just curled up into a smile.

" Qulsum a baby is the last thing I would call you. You really are a strong girl- woman." I say and she smiles.

"Thank you."

The time passed by and sleeping was not an option for me. I laid down next to Qulsum who was staring up at ceiling as if she was staring at something beautiful.

"Can you believe it." She says.

"What?"

"Its almost been a whole year since we've been married and finally we seem to be alright. " she says and those words sent chills down my spine.

"I'm going to sleep." I say shutting my eyes.

-

I woke up with a sound of her voice reciting surah Yaseen. I smiled a little just for that.

She must have noticed and right after she finished off she began wrapping her scarf.

"Just so you know I wasn't reciting surah Yaseen for you because of your name." She said acting all sassy.

"I didn't say anything." I say getting up.

"You didn't need to. I saw that smirk you tried to hide." She says.

"Yeah? I could be smirking because of something else." I say standing right in front of her.

"What happened now?" I ask raising an eyebrow.

"N-nothing." She says getting on her tippytoes and staring right into my eyes.

I held myself from chuckling.

"Why are you getting on your tippytoes?"

"Why not?"

"Don't act smart and answer my question." I say and I felt that stern part of me come back.

"So that I can be just as tall and not feel intimidated"

I put my hands on my hips and stared down at her.

"First off you're still shorter than me and second it's good that you're intimidated by me."

"Why is that?"

"It reassures me that you're still in my control."

"I hate to break it to you but I am not a tv you can't control me, you don't need to. I am perfectly fine on my own-" she says folding her arms and attempting to lean against the wall, unfortunately for her, she hit her head against the wall and almost fell but quickly got onto her feet.

"You were saying...?" I say and her face became all red.

"Well...most of the time I'm in control just sometimes things go wrong..."

"Things go wrong for me too...just not as bad as things are for you. You're a very clumsy person."

"Sometimes.." She adds in and I raise my eyebrow.

"Sure."

" anyway I'm gonna go take a shower meanwhile you can find us something to eat."

"Are We stranded on an island?"

"No?"

"Then why are you saying find food?"

"Well I didn't mean it like-"

"I dont care just go." I say and she nods.

A couple minutes in and I heard a big 'thug sound. Like something fell.

It came from the washroom obviously.

I walked in and the shower curtains were on the ground.

I looked at Sumi for an explanation.

"Whoops?"

"How did this even happen?"

"It's not my fault- I was just checking the tub and maybe stepped on the curtain by mistake and then-"

"Save it. Let me just put this back."

"This isn't a good hotel. It's like an old abandoned house except in a hotel form. Look at the floors, and the mirror and look-"

"We're not here to stay so relax take your shower and get out."

"Ok relax."

"Let me clear something up. Im being calm with you, you can see that I''m slowly changing however I'm not going to tolerate your disrespect towards me. As I said before,dont tell me what to do. Understand?" I ask and she nods.

"Yes. Say yes. Use your words."

"Yes"

"Good now you may go."

I left the room and went down to see what was being sold halal food that is.

There wasn't really anything appetizing so i bought a bagel and coffee and went back up she was ready and good to go."

She looks at me pinning her hijab.

"Wheres mine?"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean thats yours so where's mine?"

"No its for you don't worry."

She stares at me.

"Where's yours."

"I'm not really hungry"

"Um ok you can have some from mine then"

"I'm fine just finish up and we'll go home."

"Ok." She slowly took the tray.

"Are you sure you don't want any not even a bite?"

"I'm sure."

"Ok..."

After she was done we packed up and left.
-

OK I AM SO SORRY, I know a lot of you are really pissed and want to kill me but Things have been a little whack I'll publish the next chapter asap please don't hurt me!!!!