Truth

I looked at the caller ID my hand was shaking. But as soon as I saw the caller ID I stopped. Congrats I played myself.

Her father stopped calling and instead he texted

Where are you?

Meet me at your house. NOW.

This was shocking. Something was wrong. I hadn't seen him for a while now. He's been so busy. His family is here. So why is he at my house?

"Who is it?" My dad asks.

I got up and left without a single word.

On my way out I saw Aliza coming my way.

"Where are you going?" She asks.

"None of your business" I say and she grabs my wrist.

"I asked you a question. You're my fiancé and I'm asking you where you are go-"

"This hand is for Qulsum to hold. If you ever touch me again I will not hold back from hurting you." I say pulling my hand away aggressively.

I drove as fast as I could parked my car and ran out.

"Salam Alaykum!" I say panting for air.

Her dad looks at me and then looks down.

"Walaykumsalam" He says quietly.

"What is it?" I ask.

He had his head down and I bent down and saw tears in his eyes.

What was going on?

"What is it?"

"Qulsum..." He says.

I didn't know what to say.

"Why are you doing this to her?" He asks and I was confused.

"What? I don't understand. Why are you crying?"

"She's my daughter. She is in a coma don't leave her like this. "

"Leave her? I'm not leaving her!"

"I understand you want to marry again. I was heartbroken. But then her sister...? I'm just so...just I don't know how she will cope when she comes back."

"But I don't want to marry again! YOU GUYS ARE GIVING ME NO CHOICE!" I say raising my voice.

"WHY WOULD I WANT YOU TO MARRY SOMEONE ELSE WHEN MY DAUGHTER IS MARRIED TO YOU?" He shouts. He was angry. I never thought I'd see him like this.

"The day she comes back to me with tears in her eyes Wallahi I will make sure you will have tears in yours." He says. I couldn't say anything back.

"I'm confused. If you don't want me to marry again then why did your wife threaten to take Qulsum away from me if I don't marry again."

"What wife? What are you talking about Yaseen."

"Your wife...second wife."

"Oh we're divorced. It's been over a month now.."

"Ok this is ridiculous. I'm just. Ok I'm gonna call my father real quick. Come. Let's go inside." I say unlocking the door.

"Hello baba close the party everything. I'm glad to tell you that there's a big shock to come to you all. Hurry home." I say hanging up.

"So okay. Honestly I'm just so thankful. Alhamdulliah. "

I told him my part of the story everything.

"We got divorced. Me and Aliza's mother. See Yaseen I only married her to avoid having Qulsum miss her mother. To not feel the absence of a mother's love. But obviously it didn't work that way. We never got along and I stayed because I didn't want Qulsum to get hurt again. But after her marriage...there was no reason for that family. Just fights and arguments. No love or feeling of comfort. I didn't say anything because I didn't want to make a big deal about this."