Chapter 9: A$$

Jackie's POV

"Wait. We've got to stop. The others will suspect something." Our position had changed drastically in these last few minutes. Right now, I was on the counter with River between my legs, straddling him. His head was situated between my breasts and his hands settled on my waist, squeezing occasionally. "Hey, I'm being serious." But he wasn't listening. "River, I swear I will cut you if you don't let go." That did the trick. "You see, if you listen, things turn out nicely."

He had his hands up send started backing away. "I don't want to get hurt. Especially by you." I'm not that bad.

"Hey guys! I've got the lemonade!" I screamed out as we walked into the lounge to find everyone munching on the chicken.

"And a hickey!" The comment made by Zara earned a few whistles and a 'Damn.' from Bryan. "You work fast, River."

"I know. Did you really think she could stay away from me?" He smiled as picked up a drumstick.

"And it's not even on her neck but her boob?" She gasped. So dramatic. But that was a useful piece of information because River was gonna die. "River, you better run."

He looked at me confused. He shouldn't be confused, he knew what he did. "Why?"

"Cause you're about to die a slow, painful death." My tone was flat and my facial expression blank.

"We both know you couldn't kill me. You'd get distracted by my sexiness. No girl can resist me."  The audacity of this guy. I couldn't exactly process his treatment towards me right now. A good hour, he showed me a side to him I never expected. He showed me that he was more than just a cocky guy that played with girls like toys—showed me that he cared for something other than himself, that he actually had morals and values.

"Luckily for me, I'm a woman—and I refuse to be another one of your girls. I actually thought you were serious about me. I've had one too many blonde moments. I'm out. Zara, I'll be at yours." With that, I dumped the lemonade on him and walked out.

And I have to walk again. I can't believe I got played. Wow, that was stupid. I should've known, once a player, always a player. I've watched years of heartbreak and I couldn't even spot the signs to see I was a game. God, what a prick.

I swear, if I ever see him again, I will destroy his beautiful face. Why did I distract myself? Okay, new plan, go back to old me. I entered Zara's home and changed into a huge white tee and stayed in my underwear. As I walked into the kitchen I put my curly Afro into a big bun so that it didn't get into any type of food. I know black hair don't normally shed but... you never risk it with food. Let's hope we've got some cappuccino and hot chocolate here. Thank the Lord, we do, and now I'm 'bout to make myself a famous cup of chococchino. After a few minutes of waiting for the kettle to boil the water, I poured some into the concoction and took a sip. Bad move, "Ow, hot, hot! Dammit!"

I walked into the lounge and made myself comfortable on the tan suede couch. Thank you, Zara's rich parents. The TV was playing some weird ass show and I wasn't about to deal with that ish. Just my luck, Atlanta was playing on FoxLife and there was a marathon of Pitch coming up. Okay, pause. I'm gonna need a blanket and some food. Quickly, I ran up the stairs to get my bestie's pink throw and fluffy, fur, cream pillow with an extension chord and a charger. Okay, comfort? Check. Now, food. Yay.

I literally scavenged the kitchen, getting out anything chocolatty and sweet. Mmm, Nutella is my life. You know what, I should be healthy. So, I got out the whole box of strawberries from the fridge and entered the lounge with my hands full to find someone helping me. Who the...? I set down the food on the side of the couch and stood fully to come face to chest with a person I did not expect.

"Uh... James, what in Heaven's name do you think you're doing here?" My hands were on my hips and I cocked my head a little to the side with my eyes narrowed. I was a bit curious as to why this handsome specimen was in the lounge I was so ready to lazy around in. Why wasn't this nigga answering my question? "Why do you have that look in your eye?" I snapped my fingers in front of his face. He's acting weird.

He looked me in the eyes—well, damn— and smiled. "I don't know what you expect if you wear a thin white t-shirt with no bra." Rolling my eyes so hard right now. Why are all guys such perverted things nowadays?

"Okay, can you not stare at my chest cause it's just gonna earn you an ass whoopin'." I walked passed him to set all my stuff right for when I'm in maximum satisfaction. The pillow was situated perfectly, the blanket was nice and toasty due to it being electrically charged. Speaking of charging... I plugged the extension chord from the wall to the table beside the couch. Okay, easy access to phone, nice. The food looked undeniably sexy next to the couch and the remote was the cherry on top for the lazy afternoon. So excited.

"Damn." I heard him mutter. "I'd like to tap that." The audacity of this boy.

"Excuse me! Stop being a hormonal teenage boy and act civil, gosh!" I got into the blanket and started with the Chuckles. He was still standing on the side. Staring. At me. "Well?" I asked him.

He shrugged. "What do you mean?"

I raised an eyebrow, "Can you leave? I mean, why are you even here? Get your flat ass out."

James gasped and I swear it was the funniest sight ever, "Never say that again, because my ass is definitely not flat. I have two beautiful, golden globes attached to me. I don't do squats for nothing."

"I swear you sound more like a girl than I do. And I know for a fact those squats aren't working." I eyed him up and down and gave a staccato laugh.

"Stop lying. I'll prove it to you." He turned around and pulled his pants down with his underwear. Wow. He was right.

"Damn. Mmh, I'd like to tap that."

"How dare you objectify me like that?" He pulled them back up and put his hands to his hips.

I lifted my hands to the air, "Hey, those were your words." I eyed him again. "So, are you just gonna stand there or are you going to get in the blanket with me?"

He only smiled in return.

---------------------------

Hey, guyrrrrs.

So, Jackie and River are over😤😔☹️ buuuuttt.... we've got some JAMES AND JACKIE FEELSSS right here. Comment your thought on this and keep reading.

Love ya, my faithful woes.