Chapter 26: Knocked Out

Jackie's POV

I was sitting on the side as I watched him. He was knocked out. Luckily there was some rope in the room, allowing me to be able to tie him up. Just so you know, he ain't light. I didn't really have a game plan after tying him up. Maybe I could just interrogate him.

Stuck in my own worry, I didn't even notice him wake up. The shifting of his body made me snap my head in his direction. His eyes opened slightly and closed again. He murmured something incoherent making me put my guard up.

"What the..." He looked around.

"Don't move." I stood up.

He looked to his tied hands and feet then up to me. "Oh, hell no. Don't tell me I got knocked out by you."

"What's wrong with being ass-whooped by me?" I was offended slightly.

"Look at you. You're small. And I'm practically a giant."

"You must have a huge ego because you're not that big." Sure, he's tall and muscular but that's beside the point. "What's your name?"

He tilted his head and smirked. Lord, that should be illegal. "Why? You wanna know what to scream in bed?"

Damn, he's cocky. Regardless, my face heated up in awkwardness. "No. I just wanna know if your name is as sexy as you." Wow. What a comeback. How the hell could I just say that?

He looked at me in confusion before clicking his tongue. "You should just stick to being pretty."

"Yeah, as if I haven't been told that before. So?"

He sighed before opening his mouth. "Elijah. Happy?"

"Yes. Who are you?"

"I just told you I'm Elijah."

I rolled my eyes. "Like, what are you doing? I recognize your voice from the time I was kidnapped. You were the one who almost let those old guys rape me and then you laughed maniacally while I was shaking in my boots. What do you want with me?"

"Look." He got up.

Wait, he's not supposed to be able to do that.

"I'm in a gang." He took the ties off his hands. "Your boyfriend is in a gang." He took off the ones at his feet. "We're both leaders. Now..." His feet slowly carried him closer. "Your boyfriend didn't hold up his end of a bargain. You were motivation." Elijah was now a step away from me. "He still didn't cooperate. Took my b**** and my club is running low. She brings in most of the customers."

I jumped back a bit as he stepped closer.

"Him and his boys jumped our crew, f***ed some s*** up. Now, Norwegians don't play like that." I hit my back on the wall, letting him corner me. His hand went to my neck and applied some pressure, making me widen my eyes. "I want payback." He squeezed a bit more, blocking a bit of my air ways. "Starting with his b****."

I gripped his hand in struggle. "I'm not anyone's b****." I spat. "We aren't even together."

"I don't care if you're together, it doesn't matter." He looked me up and down. "Yeah, I'm sure you bring in thousands of cash dollar."

I widened my eyes in offense. My knee went up to get him where it hurts most but he was one step ahead.

"I don't make the same mistake twice, sweetheart." He pushed my knee down and loosened his grip. "I'm not going to hurt you, now. But I swear, do something brave or say something smart, I won't hesitate to strangle you to the brink of death."

"I'm not a stripper." I stated, bluntly.

"Really?"

Why did he seem so shocked?

"You certainly look like one. I mean, with a body like that, you'd make a killing in one night. Yeah, you're working tonight."

"I'm not going to expose myself." I was not going to strip at his club.

"You don't have a choice. You're my b**** now. Let's go."

He pulled out a bobby pin from my hair—roughly, I might add— and started picking the door lock.

"You say anything and you're dead."

I was dragged outside to an empty waiting, silently cursing when I had no shot at surviving. The window on the side was wide open and Elijah was taking me to it. "What are you doing?"

"Jump."

Was he crazy? "Hell no. I don't have a death wish."

"It seems like you do. You jump," He pointed out the window. "Or you die from my hands."

I'd rather not die as the girl who got strangled to death in a spa so I climbed over the window. I looked down only for my heart to stop beating from the height above ground.

"I said. Jump!" His shouting startled me off the ledge and I prayed in my last moments.

Expecting a deathly fall, I was confused when I was caught in tattooed arms. I uncovered my face and looked up to see another hot guy. "Wassup?" He winked before carrying me to the backseat of a van.

"At least this time I've got some hospitality." I grumbled when Elijah came in.

He sighed before introducing me to his friend. "Whatever your name is, this is Devon. Devon, this chick."

He doesn't even know my name. "It's Jackie."

"I don't care." Elijah started putting on some jeans and a grey t-shirt making me wonder.

"Where are my clothes?"

"You don't have any. Just get used to the towel. You'll be wearing less in 2 hours anyways."