Chapter 27: Over

Jackie's POV

Tears threatened to fall as I was pulled into a sketchy warehouse by Elijah. I was still in the towel that was threatening to fall and the way I was being handled was not helping. Devon switched on a light switch and lumo lights filled up the room with poles spread around the place.

This can't be real.

A girl dressed in a skimpy swimsuit and blonde hair came up to us. "Is this her?" She nodded to me.

Devon answered. "Yeah. Teach her what you can in an hour."

"Come with me." She grabbed my hand and lead me to a hidden door at the other end of the club. "Since you're a newbie, I'm gonna give you one of my outfits."

I looked around my surroundings while the girl rummaged around for whatever. The room was a bright yellow. There was a vanity table against the wall and a rack of 'clothes' in the other side.

"Here." She gave me a black jumpsuit the had cutouts everywhere.

"I'm supposed to where this?"

"Hey. I'm the one who wears the most here. You should be thankful. They were merciful."

That was merciful? "Oh, well...thanks. Hey, is there anyway I can escape this place?"

"I'm sorry, boo. There's no way out. They'll find you. They have eyes everywhere. I'm Sunshine by the way."

"Oh... thank you anyways, Sunshine. Is that your real name or your stripper name?" I asked as I put the jumpsuit on. Wow, so much skin.

"Real." She looked down. "It's convenient, huh?" A tear fell down her eye before she wiped it away. "Let's go. Time is running out."

We exited the room and made our way towards a pole.

"Are you flexible?" Sunshine grabbed the middle of the pole, climbing up and spreading her legs into a mid-air split.

I nodded. She flipped up and her back bent unnaturally so that her ass touched the pole—still in a split. "Woah."

She flipped back and spun down. "You try." She pushed me toward the pole. Now I don't like judging but I did not want to sexualize myself in that way.

I stood, staring at the pole and looked at her again. "Um, I don't want to."

A gun at the back of my neck made me widened my eye. I heard the safety go off and gasped. "Do it or I blow your brains out." It was Elijah.

Intimidated by his presence, I tried to copy her. "I can't flip." My hands were already shaking.

Sunshine tried to help. "Use your core."

I did as she said and successfully flipped over but my hands were sweaty. My body slid down and I screamed in the fear of cracking my head open. Reflexes helped as my hands gripped hard at the bottom. I flipped back into a split and hugged the pole, hyperventilating in panic. My tears fell at the realization that I almost died. This is a dangerous job and/or hobby.

"Well done, girl. Wow, that's intermediate level and I loved that finish. You've got real talent."

Elijah piped in. "See? I told you. You look like a stripper. Therefore you are one."

"Let's try another one."

I got up, hugging myself and watched as Sunshine demonstrated some more. I didn't want to do this.

"You know how to twerk?"

I nodded. Of course, I knew how to twerk.

"Go on." She urged me.

"What, with them here?" I pointed to Elijah and Devon.

She only raised an eyebrow. "You're gonna be doing it in front of more people anyways."

"Can they leave? Or at least Elijah?" I winked at Devon. I know it's no time to be joking around but...

Speak of the devil, I heard the safety go off again and he pointed it at me. He cocked the gun to the stage, giving me a pointed look.

I went on to the stage but only stood there. A gun shot flew beside me to hit the back wall, making me scream.

"I'm not afraid shoot you."

I got down. "Okay, okay, I'm doing it. See."

The next 30 minutes consisted of me shaking from the fear of being shot. 30 minutes of hell.

"Okay, were opening. You better do good. I'll be watching." Elijah pushed my head sideways with the barrel of the gun and kicked my ass towards the stage.

I stumbled to the pole and just looked at it. Music started blaring, filling the room and more and more strippers came out of different rooms. Some girls went to the bar and started getting ready. Already, a few people had entered with bundles of money in their hands. This is real.

A hand was on my shoulder, making me jump a little. "Relax." It was Sunshine. "It'll be over before you know it. Just hang in there. And don't try anything stupid. Elijah will shoot you if need be. Just do what we practiced. Here comes the first one." She rubbed my back before going to a booth nearby.

"Hey, darling. Get to it." An old man with a beard and a beer belly tried to grab my leg but I shifted at last minute. "Hey. I didn't pay for a tease." He hissed. I looked to the far end of the room to see Elijah in a dark corner, glaring at me, pointing his gun in my direction. He cocked it up and snarled.

Reluctantly, I grabbed the pole and started spinning.

I was sad but my rage engulfed me at this point. How dare he do this to me? Taking me against my will. I know Zara is worried as hell right now. I hope they don't know about her. None of this would've happened if I just stayed away from River.

It still hurts thinking about him. His eyes. His smile. His scent. His walk. Just him, in general.

A crowd had gathered around me and the floor was littered with notes. I saw a few 10s and 20s but what shocked me was the amount of 100s I saw. These people must have money to waste.

Tears fell down my face as I wh**ed myself more and I just prayed for this to be over.

It had to be over.