Chapter 12: Why?

Jackie's POV

"No."

She whined, "What, why?" Zara was throwing a mini tantrum because I wouldn't wear her booty shorts and tiny ass sports bra.

"I think you forget we wear different sizes in both departments. If these are your booty shorts, they'll probably look like panties for me. And my boobs will spill out of that bra. No, Zara. I'll pick out my gym clothes." I pushed her aside and saw way more appropriate clothing in her wardrobe. I spotted some black Ivy Park shorts with mesh sides and a black cropped Ivy Park hoodie. A white sports bra with a criss cross design caught my eye and I finished the outfit with black and white Adidas takkies. "Now this, is a good gym outfit."

I quickly brushed my teeth and washed my face before tying my hair up in a bun. Zara's clothes actually fit me and I've got to say, I looked good. "Dayum. You look amazing." She gushed. "Wait for me."

She went into her closet and came out wearing black spandex 3/4 pants and a black sports bra. She topped it with a grey Nike jacket with black sleeves and grey Nike takkies. "Let's go."

We grabbed matching PINK water bottles and drove to the blue house. The door was opened by Jax before we even knocked. Someone's excited. "Hey." He smiled.

"Hey." Zara smiled back. Okay, I'm going in. I went upstairs and checked all the rooms. Which I should not have done. Why the hell were Bryan and Dylan going at it like bunny rabbits? I must've been staring because I heard someone behind me.

"Close the door, please." That voice made shiver involuntarily and I mentally cursed myself for being affected by him. "Please face me."

And so I did. "What is it, River?" Oh, good Lord. He did not get any sleep. "Damn, boy. What happened to you?" He looked horrible. Now why does that make me feel bad?

"Take a guess." He stepped closer to which I stepped back until I hit the wall. The guy couldn't take the hint. He had managed to trap me between his big ass arms and brought his face down to eye level with me. "What I did was a total dîck move and I'm sorry. I want to make it up to you. If you would allow me. Please, Jacqueline."

Cue faint. He said my full name. He knew how to play his cards right, that's for sure. "Now why should I do that?" I was trying very hard to keep my composure under his heated gaze. Damnit those eyes. Me, being stupid, kept eye contact with the hottest guy on earth. Woah! Stop it. Snap out of it. He played you.

"Because you want to." He looked so sincere. Maybe I should...

We were interrupted by a seemingly pissed off James, "You're late, Jackie. Let's go."

"You've already moved on?" He was genuinely surprised.

I answered "No." the same time James said 'Yes.' I looked at him weirdly and responded again. "No. Boy, don't start this ish with me." Licking my lips, I looked back to River. "If you'll excuse me..." I ducked under his arm and walked down with James. As soon as we entered the gym, I smacked the back of his head and went to put my stuff down. "What were you thinking?"

"Ow." He rubbed his head. "I was thinking you could get back at River by making him jealous." Oh. "It would've worked if you let me."

I stood there with my mouth agape while I watched him turn on the speakers. "Well...sorry."

"What was he saying anyways?" He gestured for me to follow him so I did.

"He wants me to give him another chance?" I followed his lead as he started stretching.

"And?"

"I think I want to..." I was unsure at the moment. Sitting on the mat, I started doing stretches.

He stopped stretching and looked at me skeptically, "Are you sure?"

"Yeah...no...I don't know. You're a guy, give me some advice." I moved from a wide leg back stretch into a front split which eared a whistle from James. Perv.

"I think that River is actually being sincere about it. I've never seen him like this. Ever. So I'm gonna say go for it." He got some dumbbells and a bo staff and sat while I continued stretching.

I twisted my split into a side one and put my head on my knee. Maybe he's right.

In came Jax, Zara, Alex and some girl I never noticed before. And River. Shît. I caught his eye through the mirror but then his widened as he saw my position. It's just a split, my gosh.

"We've come to join you guys!" Zara said excitedly and lay her mat next to mine. "Jax, hold my hand." He did just that and she lifted her leg to be dead straight next to her face. Jax's face was priceless as he opened and closed his mouth like a fish.

"It seems these girls have hidden talents, huh." And the devil speaks. River was equally as surprised as Jax as he came towards us and grabbed the bo staff. Okay? He went off to a space and started doing something with the piece of metal. Now it was my turn to be surprised. He could do martial arts. Oh, Lord.

"Stop drooling and let's start." James broke me from my reverie and handed me a dumbbell. To which I fell down with.

"Oh no. How many kgs is this?" I was flabbergasted to find that he gave me a 10kg. "Dafuq is wrong with you?" This ish is heavy. "Get me a 5." My hand was placed on my hip as I looked at him pointedly. He did as I said and we started with squats. 100 of them. Ironic. We moved to push-ups but it seemed James lost his footing and fell on top of me.

"Oops, I slipped. Might as well just do the push-ups."

Ugh.

---------------

Yes guyssss.
River wants Jackie back. Is she making the right decision? No? Yes? And how's that sneaky ass James? "He slipped"

Keep reading to see what happens next

Stay faithful, woes❤️❤️