Chapter 16

Your POV

Saturday 8:00

I haven't talked to Jacob since Wednesday when we had that argument. I don't plan on calling him either. But I swear if that boy doesn't show up to the funeral ima kill him.

"Yn your dress is on the couch," mom says.

I pick it up. Its actually kinda nice, it's lace and has beads at the top.

I get the girls dresses and get them washed up.

"Is Jacob coming today?" Kailey ask.

"I don't know," I sigh.

"Oh."

I get the girls dressed and then I get dressed.

Once we all ready we head to the church. I never knew my dad had so many friends. A lot of people I don't even know come up and hug me.

We get in line and walk down the aisle to the front where the casket is. I look inside. I can't believe he's gone. I put a hand to my mouth as a tear makes its way down my cheek. We take our seats.

The choir sings songs and a few people say words. My mom is sobbing the whole time. I keep an eye on the door for Jacob.

The pastor is up saying something about my father when I hear a loud bang. I turn around and see Jacob walk in. I jump up and run to him.

He kisses me.

"I'm so glad you came," I say almost a whisper. The whole church is staring at us. Me and Jacob go sit down.

After the pastor sits down Jacob stands up.

"Before you all leave I'd like to say a few words. Mr.yln was a very kind man. Most dads would say no to letting a poor boy like me stay in his house with his daughter. But mr.yln was very gracious and welcomed me in. If it weren't for him I wouldn't be where I am today. I'd also like to apologize for my mother. She's the one who shot mr.yln. I will never completely forgive my mom for doing such a terrible thing. I wish I could have some how changed things. Thanks," Jacob walks off. Everyone claps.

I get up and give him a big hug.

We go to the cemetery then head back to the church to eat.

"Jacob that was the sweetest thing anyone has ever done for me," I say once we're seated.

"It was nothin," he says.

"I can't believe you came all the way here just for me. Tell Keisha not to get mad at you and if she does she can call me," I say.

"Well we don't have to worry about that any more because I got kicked out of the group," he says. My mouth drops.

"I feel bad now oh my gosh Jacob I'm so sorry," I say. I can't believe he quit the group for me.

"Nahhh, don't it wasn't my thing," he says.

That night...

Me and Jacob are in bed watching a movie.

"I missed you so much," I say.

"I missed you to, me & the boys didn't get along very well. They said I was to boring," he sighs.

"That's a lie you're no where near boring," I say. We talk for a while then go to bed.

I am so thankful for Jacob.

__________________________

350 reads, 20 votes , or 10 comments for an update.

What should happen next I have writers block >_<

<3