Chapter5

I looked at Bryan in shock,I couldn't believe what we had just read and my heart was racing. Bryan broke the silence"Daniel McHawl is your father"he said as if I hadn't just read that part with him.

"yes,what...does this even mean,hell hounds?,hiddens?." I thought out loud.

Bryan stood up and shrugged "maybe its just a novel maybe someone wrote a novel about your family or ...or" he looked for another excuse but we both knew this was a letter in someone's diary,probably Elizabeth did not get the chance to send the letter to Lena.

"Bryan whatever this is I need to find out more,you cant tell anyone about this book especially Daniel...promise." I stood up next to him and looked into his eyes making sure he promises never to mention this to anyone.

He blinked,"this will be our little secret,do you believe in this kind of stuff? "he winked trying to sound as normal as possible in this situation.

"I don't know"I replied 

A loud banging sound from the kitchen distracted us.I quickly hid the little book in my jacket and we both rushed to the kitchen.

Daniel was in the kitchen with an older man almost in his late fifties, it seemed as if he was replacing the kitchen cupboards with new ones.Bryan and I both sighed at the same time,Daniel noticed us "oh you two,come on in.I have decided to replace these old cupboards with new oil painted ones which will make it harder for termites to mess around with"he said proudly.

"hi Mr McHawl,I think that's a splendid idea those termites wont have a chance with those new babies." Bryan said walking towards the cupboards next to Daniel.

 I liked their relationship maybe they were this close because Bryan's father and my father were friends or Bryan was just good with old people.I will go with the first theory.

I smiled at them"don't be so optimistic ,uh well Bryan remember we have a job to finish."I reminded him about the storeroom we had to clean up.

He rolled his eyes annoyed"ahhh fine lets go back to the hellhole".I heard Daniel chuckle as we went back to clean his storeroom.

Hours later we had managed to finish cleaning up the storeroom luckily it was only a few minutes past four and we still had time to go out for a pizza and maybe a ride around town since there."finaly!,are you ready so we can just hit and run." I said with a wild smile glued on my face.

We arrived at a pizza restaurant."life just got a little more interesting for you McHawl"Bryan teased before he made an order for our favorite pizza"One large pepperoni pizza please"we walked to an empty booth.

"Bryan stop teasing me about my miserable life you know its bad"I said with a smile.

Bryan looked around as if searching for something then returned his attention to me "yeah I know but you cant deny how interesting it has become,honestly ever since you walked -wait I mean you'bumped′ into my life everything  has become quite interesting...in a mysterious way"he raised his eyebrows with a grin on his face,he wasn't even shy of his words,here I was stressing about my life while he was busy being amused.

I rolled my eyes at him"i'm speechless,you are officially the only unsympathetic spatz of a friend I know" just after my statement a group of teenagers just about our age walked in.I counted them out of interest four boys and two beautiful girls- I had never seen them before,I  guessed they were new in town.

After realizing how distracted I was Bryan coughed out a laugh"well those are the seniors at our school,they were on a summer vacation now its over.Those six are the the richest kids at school and in town.But one thing is for sure there is something weird about them.I mean they are not even related but you never see them apart- they are always glued together like that-creeps"he rolled his eyes completely annoyed by them.

I was still gazing at them in total curiosity,the guy dressed in a white t-shirt with a brown leather jacket and denim jeans caught my gaze,it was as if he felt it at that distance even though he caught me I couldn't look away.

His hair was pitch black,the most beautiful wavy black hair I had ever seen,it was short and some of it fell in his face.I couldn't see his eyes but I felt them all over me. I almost melted in my seat.I noticed that he was muscular,his muscles stuck out in a way that his t-shirt was glued on to his body but his other friend beside him was even more muscular but slightly shorter than him.I guess they were the only two that liked visiting the gym.

The girl that called out our number from the pizza section distracted us"let me get our pizza,do you want to eat here or at my place?"I asked Bryan noticing how he was distracted by the blond beauty among the 'six pack' I had named them.

He quickly looked back at me"I think I will rather eat here then leave you home.Its already half six by the time we are done here I think your father will be on my neck for getting you home after seven"he said rubbing his neck.

I laughed."what?"he asked curious at the smile I was giving him"sometimes you really shock me weirdo ,now go get our pizza and stop staring at me like a total dork"I could see his cheeks had gone rose red and I laughed at that as I went to get our pizza.

Just as I was getting our pizza the red headed beauty came next to me,she was extremely beautiful,her lips were bold in red lipstick and her short red hair brought out her beautiful skin.Her royal blue mini dress was even another beautiful distraction as well.

I suddenly felt self conscious,how could anyone be so beautiful,"Priscilla McHawl what was once hidden in the dark has come to light,open your eyes"she said grabbing my arm ,her eyes turned completely crystal blue,her iris could not be seen,she seemed lost in some sort of a trance.

"what do you mean..."I asked desperately.