chapter 35

It was 9 am in the morning and I found myself drinking a hot cup of coffee glaring at Bryan who refused to let me go anywhere. He was taking this whole keeping an eye on me thing to a whole another level-he literally kept staring at me as if I would magically poof away and disappear.

If I hadn't missed Jake this morning I would have probably tried to talk him out of this whole Bryan babysitting me thing but unfortunately I was still in deep sleep when he left. After my shower, I found Bryan with a huge grin waiting for me in the kitchen like a weirdo.

"stop staring at me like that, this is getting creepy," I said throwing the nearest object at his head-which was a teaspoon.

He dodged the teaspoon really fast "If you stop glaring and complaining I will stop staring. We might even do something fun too."

I gave out an aggravated sigh," Bryan! I don't want to stay locked up in here with you today. Besides, I have to go downstairs and socialize with my pack-like a proper lunar"

"fine let's go downstairs if that's what you want but nobody goes outside the pack house and you stay close to me at all times"

I widened my eyes in excitement, "I promise I will not leave your side! It's not like I'm actually on a mission to get kidnapped you know."I said getting off my seat and placing my empty cup of coffee in the sink, "Okay come on lets go-I have a lot I wanna do today."

He rolled his eyes and followed me out "Yes ma'am".

When we arrived downstairs I really wasn't expecting to see a whole bunch of people in groups looking all freaked out, shocked and some even panicking. Bryan grabbed my hand and we joined one group that was waiting by the door.

"What is going on here?"I asked a random lady who looked like she had just seen a ghost.

She started fidgeting with her hands "Oh my goodness, lunar you shouldn't be here right now"

I scrunched up my eyebrows "why?"

"Its bad-its very bad!"

Bryan pushed me behind him before answering the woman-he looked annoyed."Answer the lunar's question now woman,"

The woman swallowed hard, fear seeping through her glassy eyes."Outside, see for yourself."

Bryan quickly walked out with me hot by his side hand in hand. We followed another group of people who were circling an old huge avocado tree.

"Space out now!"Bryan demanded with a voice I have never heard him use before-so full of authority. People were quick to follow his command and they let us through. I wish they hadn't though because what we saw could not be unseen-horror.

I screamed and Bryan quickly covered my sight with his broad chest but it was too late I had seen her. A blond woman with an unrecognizable face covered in blood and thick scars only the largest claws would have inflicted. Pass oozing out of the fresh wounds. Even her eyes were clawed out mercilessly. She was hung upside down, naked with her guts and intestines spilling out of her body as if on queue. The sight was so grotesque.

"Jenner" he whispered in shock, holding me tightly.

Jenner, the woman who was supposed to help me and one of the leaders of the coven! My coven,now she was dead.I tried to wriggle out of his hold but he wouldn't let go-I just wanted to take one last look at her,how could this have happened!

"Let go! Let go! Let go of me!"I screamed at him again and again, "Let me see her please!" I cried but he didn't let go. I could feel the pain of what happened to her, it surrounded the whole place like a thick cloud of darkness.

"cut her down Bryan, please. I will take the lunar back inside."I heard Rebecca's voice say in a whisper then I felt her grab my shaking hand softly.

I looked up at Bryan as he nodded softly then I heard it as we walked further and further away from the scene, a soft voice as light as a feather whispering to my ear-a warning sign..."RUN"It whispered desperately.

I narrowed my eyes as I looked up at Rebecca "it was you-"I said accusingly trying to rip my hand out of her grasp. The last thing I remember before blacking out was her covering my mouth with some sort of white cloth with a choking scent. Then there was nothing.