chapter27

"Drinking that much is not very good for your health you know,if you are trying to commit suicide by alcohol poisoning please do not do it in my presence and try not to make it too obvious its embarrassing especially for you." Alpha Jake said bluntly glaring daggers at me as usual.

I scoffed "why would I commit suicide...I would rather just kill the source to all of my depression instead and drinking a couple of wine glasses never killed anyone."

He rolled his eyes and I almost laughed at that ,it was actually adorable,"you might be the first ".

"That's just ridiculous and you know it."I replied getting annoyed.

"Whats ridiculous is your stubbornness."

I widened my eyes and placed my glass of wine on the table in front of us carefully,"I am not stubborn-you just think you know it all.What are you a doctor or something,you cant tell me what to do.I do not want to talk about this anymore I can drink all I want" I whisper yelled staring at him folding my arms.

He just smiled...'the fool actually smiled-bipolar ass', "Why are you angry little mate,actually I am studying to be a doctor. I'm in university...the whole high school student thing was so I could keep my eyes on you as your protector then you turned out to be my mate."

I frowned 'of course more lies why should I even be surprised',"I am not angry and you studying medicine doesn't change the fact that you cant tell me what to do.Why are you studying medicine ...I mean you are an Alpha isn't that a whole big job on its own"

"it is but its something I have always wanted to do and nobody wants an uneducated Alpha after all.Every member of my pack is and will be educated ,it's compulsory that every child gets to go to school..." he said proudly,"and I can tell you what to do and you will learn to listen because you are mine.Mate.Now stop being stubborn already its not cute." he leaned in and took my glass of wine then he drank the whole half full glass in a second.

I was about to snap at him but of course the almighty annoying Rebecca had to make her presence noticed by swaying her invisible hips and brushing them against my mate.I mentally rolled my eyes and Jake looked tense as he placed the empty wine glass back on the table-even his smirk was gone.

"Jake I was looking for you everywhere you just left me with those awful gossip girls...they kept talking and talking I thought I would just rip their mouths off if they continued any further..."she complained taking a seat next to me and dragging the chair very closely to Alpha Jake .I just raised my eyebrows and scoffed.Where the hell is the waiter I need more wine-or beer but I didn't think they served beer at fancy events like this.

"I had other important matters to attend to Rebecca,if you you didn't like their gossiping you should have just excused yourself"Alpha Jake said ,he didn't even look at her as he replied-in fact he just kept staring at me weirdly like he was reading my mind or something.

Rebecca pouted at his reply "I know but still I would have felt bad you know"

"Well then that's your problem love" he said .

Rebecca must have been annoyed because she actually started glaring at him,I think he felt her glare but just chose to ignore her.I was just glad he stopped patronizing me about my alcohol consumption and stubborn behavior .

Well my little relief was short lived when a waiter came and gave some secret message to the Alpha which had to make him leave me with the annoying blond.'Oh somebody drag me to hell already its better than being left alone with the devil's advocate herself in the flesh'

"well excuse me ladies I have something I need to attend to urgently..." he said standing up ,he looked at me for a short while then leaned in giving me a short kiss on my right cheek "don't go wondering off too far I will come find you very soon and no more wine for tonight".

I blushed and just nodded as he walked off,he could be sweet what a shocker.I snapped out of my thoughts when I felt the daggers Rebecca was giving me at the moment,if looks could kill I would be 30 feet deep underground.The girl had to have a degree for death stares -I actually felt threatened she looked like a psychopath bitch ready to pounce on me any second.

I had to break the awkwardness, why wasn't she walking away or something."So...uhm how are you finding the party?" I asked nervously biting on my nails.

She just looked at me like I was stupid before she replied "The party is just fine,every party I plan is perfect I make sure of it."

"oh you did this ,you did a great jo..."before I could finish my statement she cut in.

"Listen I didn't come here to talk to Jake I actually came here to tell you that you are wasting your time if you think Jake will ever love you or like you.He is the Alpha of the strongest pack in Europe and he needs the strongest female Alpha ,you honestly don't strike me as that.You look so weak ,all you do is walk around the pack like a ghost,you hardly made any relationship with pack members or your mate and you are always fighting with the Alpha.The pack will never accept a witch as Alpha female you know.The pack agrees with me on this and Jake definitely agreed with me when he was making love to me last night." she said with a smirk on her face.

To say I was crushed by her words would be the worlds biggest understatement.I could literally feel my heart breaking and crushing into a million tiny little pieces.I mean I knew Jake didn't like me very much but he was still my mate and it hurt that he literally made love to Rebecca last night.To make it worse the whole pack didn't want me as their female Alpha, what was I going to do when even my own mate did not support me.Plus I was being hunted down by some evil people out there and I missed my mom and dad so much.My life couldn't get any worse. I stood up with tears threatening to pour out of my eyes and walked away before I could flood the whole room with my misery.