CHAPTER11

JAKE'S POV

I was extremely annoyed with almost everything that was happening in my life.I seriously wasn't happy with the fact that I was assigned to protect a fucking witch .

I mean everybody knows werewolves and witches don't get along very well and that counts for me. Now to make matters worse I find out the witch I'm supposed to protect turns out to be my mate. Well that didn't turn out well...I don't need a mate right now.For obvious reasons,part of those reasons being mates are a weakness.I have already met her twice and my wolf almost took over-I cannot allow myself to be that vulnerable .I don't need a mate especially as an Alpha of the strongest pack in New Orleans and one of the best packs in USA.Weakness is not an option especially with me and the plans I have for this pack.I would give anything up to make this pack stronger.

My wolf was very short tempered just like me so I mentally blocked him all the time, which made it harder for me to even make decisions-considering the fact that he was against most of them. He could be a menace most of the time but he is the strongest, abnormally big for a werewolf because i'm a hybrid and he is my pride. Being different always made me feel self conscious growing up but now it makes me feel stronger and I can never feel vulnerable-especially because I have a mate now.I will not let that happen.

My thoughts were disturbed by Christopher my only best friend and my beta,he just budged in as usual and that always annoyed me to the bone. I sat up straight "what is it Chris",I asked him lazily.

"I'm done with the Silverstone documents boss" he said dropping some files on my desk.I rolled my eyes at the ridiculous nickname he gave me.

He looked at me weirdly which made me raise an eyebrow "what is it this time?".

" you look like shit Alpha."

I snorted,"well thanks man" I said sarcastically.

"so what's the problem?"

God,how does he know I have a problem, I swear this guy could be my mother,"I found my mate," I decided to tell him...he was gonna find out anyways since he was very good at being nosy.

He looked at me ,amused "so what's the problem, dude that's great ,unless you are gay and you have a thing for me-I mean I don't roll like that but I could consider trying it for you?".

I almost considered throwing a telephone at his head but I decided it would be a waste of resources"Piss off,I'm not gay..." I stood up from my black leather chair "I just don't want a mate especially if she is a goddamn witch,I told you that already" .

Chris rolled his eyes and smirked ,"yeah right,you want her ,you need her but as usual you just too stupid to admit it and second of all your mate is a witch,how is that possible .A werewolf can't have a witch as a mate that's unheard of."

I took the files from my desk and started opening them just checking that everything I needed was there before I chop someone's head off ."stop talking rubbish,I don't need a mate,mates are for weak men ....", I smirked "weak men like you Chris and second of all yes my mate is a witch she's the one I'm supposed to be protecting apparently. Having her as a mate goes against the lycan law anyways,the pack might not accept a half witch as lunar".

Christopher glared at me ,if he was someone else I would have ripped out their heart but Chris was like my little brother...I let him get away with a lot of shit .I just grinned at him with my "very annoying wide grin" because I knew I had won this argument "again"

"Well I will gladly stay a weak man once I find my mate ,there must be an explanation as to why your mate is a hidden 'witch' I'm sure the moon goddess has something planned out for yo..."before he could finish his statement Rebecca one of my Gemma's walked in with her usual flirty smile,I mentally rolled my eyes.

" Alpha",she greeted me and gave me an unnecessary hug ignoring Chris who looked really annoyed beside me "I missed you" she whispered in my ear but I'm sure Chris heard it,he was werewolf after all.

Rebecca was girl who I kept seeing, well because the girl can't stay out of my pants for more than a day 'literally'-but whose complaining, definitely not me.I'm not being selfish but I know Rebecca's main aim which is to use me so she can become luna like every other girl in the pack, I actually like her because she genuinely likes me and she is honest about what she wants-she is strong and very ambitious. That's what makes her good lunar material than any other girl in my pack, not some witch. The pack would never accept a witch as a lunar, the moon goddess must have been high on some strong shit when she picked a witch as my mate.

Rebecca Hawks has always been the most beautiful woman in the pack although I bet she spends a lot of time at the spar and beauty saloon so she can look like that,I mean anyone can see that her beauty is mainly based on a lot of makeup.

Her long wavy ,silky blond hair is another attractive thing about her ,its a really light blond that's almost faded to a whitish blondish color but it suited her and it made her blue eyes pop out more .

Her body was great too ,she was like a model ,slim,fit and beautiful .

"I missed you too" I whispered back into her ear which made her shiver with pleasure.

Christopher cleared his throat with an exaggerated cough "well I will be leaving I have got...important issues to attend to" he said literally running out of the office with a disgusted look plastered on his face .