chapter 34

Jake had told me to wait for him upstairs while he attended to something major but obviously I wasn't going to wait for him to come and punish or whatever while they discussed that thing I just saw,it definitely had something to do with me and I was gonna find out what it is.

I slowly followed his scent which was going to lead me to his office,following my mates scent was the easiest thing to do.It was so natural and he smelt really good.After a while of climbing the stairs his scent led me to two double oak wood doors painted in reddish brownish oil paint.

I hid behind the closest corner and concentrated on my hearing abilities as a werewolf like Bryan had taught me.It was part of my werewolf basic training,some woman called Jenner still hadn't come for my lessons on how to control my magic.

The first voice I heard was Bryan's and he was furious .

"How did he even manage to get into the perimeter without anyone noticing!Where was the patrol unit in charge,were they sleeping on duty or what!"he said angrily."this is ridiculous,"

Chris cut in "calm down warrior, I don't think this is anyone's fault.This only means we have to increase security on our borders,he is obviously here for her.We knew this would happen,"

Bryan sighed in frustration "so what do we do now,obviously he is up to something.Why would he risk coming here like that?"

"I don't give a shit what his up to,i'm not going to let him anywhere near my mate.Chris make sure you increase the patrol unit near the border and Bryan you need to keep an eye on Prisca.I don't trust anyone to be near her right now.We cannot trust anyone until we find a way to get rid of this demon,"he said sternly."the last message he left was clear enough,he wants the whole coven dead."

Demon?A demon was after me and my coven.I can't just sit around being protected while he kills the last remaining members of my coven.

I quickly walked out of the hallway and made my way up to the penthouse.What was I going to do,I really needed to talk to a witch.

****** ******* ******

I waited for Alpha Jake in the living room,he walked in after a while.He looked exhausted,his hair was scruffy and all over the place as if he had run his hand through it several times.His silver grey eyes looked dull and he even had bags under his eyes.I felt so sorry for him,he needed rest and I had to convince him to sleep tonight.My wolf felt so restless seeing our mate like this.

"Hey,I need to talk to you"I said and watched as he came to sit next to me quietly.

He sighed "about the thing you saw earlier,"he stated.

I nodded "what was it?Why was it following me?"I asked starring at him.

"his name is Zion,he is the demon lord.He is part of the people hunting your coven down.He also wants to take over my pack,his been trying to ever since my parents died.He thinks i'm weak but I wont let that happen and I wont let him harm you."he said with a tired smile.

I smiled,"when is Jenner coming?I mean I really think its time I learnt how to control my magic.I can feel it you know-coursing through my veins.It wants to be free,I feel like someone whose holding back a scream and I just want to burst"I told him.It was true ever since I came here ,my magic has been restless.I tried to ignore it but I really feel like I'm about to burst or something.

He sighed again "I will call her tonight,she was supposed to be here early this morning.Something must have come up."

He was about to stand up,I had a feeling he wanted to up to his office again so I grabbed his hand."will you sleep with me tonight,I'm scared..."

"of course,come"he said pulling me up.

What the fuck was I doing,no I was doing this for him.How was he supposed to hunt this thing down if he didn't get any rest.What if something happened to him,what would I do then?

We arrived in his room,it was so spacious and clean.The walls were painted all white with paintings of a black huge wolf,there was also a painting of a huge lycan just above the king sized bed.His sheets were black too,he had a balcony with two huge modern french doors.The way his room was clean made me come me come up with the conclusion that he must have OCD or something,even his wooden tiled floor was so shiny you could literally see your reflection .It was spotless clean!

"are you going to stare at the floor all night ?"he said breaking me out of my trance and I blushed.

"uh i'm just going to grab my pajama's-"

"you don't have to,wear this since I ripped your t-shirt off "he said with a smirk handing me his plain white t-shirt.I blushed and took it from him quickly.He entered his walk-in closet ,I was guessing it was to pick out what he was going to sleep in.While he was in there I quickly changed into his huge t-shirt.It was so big it reached my mid-thighs-,which was a good thing because I did not want to sleep in the same jeans.

He came out in only black basket ball shorts and no t-shirt.His eight pack was right there tempting me to touch it,his muscles were sticking out in all their glory.I really couldn't stop staring this time,Lord have mercy.

My eyes followed him as he walked to the bed and entered the sheets.I bet I looked like a fool just standing there staring at him but I literally had no control over this-damn mate bond.

"you are drooling,''

I widened my eyes "what!"I said wiping my mouth in embarrassment-total mortification!.There was no ways I was gonna sleep in the same bed with him now,how embarrassing I mentally screamed.

He laughed "come here"

"No,I think i'm gonna go to my room actually.This was a bad idea i'm not scared anymore"

"Prisca come here now,I was joking"he said sternly.

I shyly climbed onto the other side of the bed and entered the sheets.

"Don't joke like that its embarrassing"I said with a pout laying down staring at the ceiling.

He pulled me to him and wrapped his arms around me,"where's the fun in that"

"you are total jerk"I said putting my head on his chest and closing my eyes after breathing in his scent.So comforting.

"I know"