Fun Facts

1. When I first started writing Senior Standoff back in 2015, I'd wanted to write a story about a good girl who corrupts herself (it was a lot less cliche in my head, I promise).  It wasn't originally supposed to be a bad thing.

2. Aspen's loss of innocence is supposed to be messy.  She doesn't regret losing her virginity out of spite.  Not everything is perfect; people make mistakes.  I didn't want to portray weed and drinking as awful things that ruin your life.  They're not inherently bad, only if you misuse them.

3. Asher's favorite band is Crown the Empire.  This decision was made when I was listening to the Johnny Ringo trilogy of songs and thought they were super badass, and thought Asher would agree.  (Although, I did debate this a little.  Others that felt right: Good Charlotte and Green Day were also considered)

4. Yes, I always knew that Ky was sleeping with Hailey.  I always knew Ky was a piece of crap.

5. A few pieces of Senior Standoff came from other books I wrote and never did anything with.  For example, Hailey taking the picture was an idea I had in a book I only wrote a page of.  The promposal was from a trilogy I only wrote the first book in.  The book was called Tonightless.

6. Scarlet's favorite artist is Melanie Martinez.  Her favorite color is yellow.

7. Aspen's favorite band is The Ready Set.  (Previously Mayday Parade and Pvris, but The Ready Set seemed to fit her quite well.)

8. Despite being a selfish asswipe, I still love Ky. 

9. None of the characters are based off anyone (for once). 

10. My best friend and I agree it would be super rad for Senior Standoff to take place in real life.

11. The ending of the original Season 2 Episode 8 was cut off and deleted, so I'll never remember what I actually wrote there.  At least now that I've revised, it has an actual ending.

12. I thought the seasons were arbitrary for a long time.  There was a year between first draft and second, and it wasn't until I was well into the second draft that it hit me what the seasons meant.  Season 1 is Asher and Aspen becoming friends and realizing they like each other.  Season 2 they grow closer, trying to behave.  Season 3 is when they have a bit of a relationship.  Season 4 is their decline.  Season 5 is Asher getting his head out of his ass and realizing he loves Aspen.  My best friend, HollowRyan, says that I did it subconsciously, but I don't think I deserve that much credit.

13. I'm not going to outright say where they live, but you can piece together the clues throughout the story.

14. The final word count for Senior Standoff was 65,811.  Which surprised the hell out of me.

15. I put all the rewritten chapters in the same book on Wattpad as the original SS.  So, I have 90 something parts, half of which are unpublished.  (Although, now I can go back and read the original any time.)

16.  For anyone interested, I do have pictures that I used to reference to help me describe characters and prom dresses.  Whether or not you want to look on is up to you.

Starting with prom dresses:

Aspen's Dress