Season 2 - Episode 8 | NOT REVISED

I stared at my ceiling, trying to decide where the previous night left Ky and me. Were we actively fighting? Or even speaking? Was I going to keep my mouth shut? God, Ben and Scarlet deserved to know. They really did. And I was in no way against ruining Hailey. But Ky... what about Ky?

My door opened. Eyes drifting over that direction, I found Ky leaning against the door frame. His hair was a mess, and he was still wearing his pajamas. "We need to talk."

"No kidding," I said. It was so difficult for me to wrap my head around everything that had happened. And we both had to get on the same page, now.

"Let's go for breakfast," he said.

"Sure thing. Just let me take a shower," I said. Ky agreed and closed my door, heading back to his room. As I got out of bed, I realized I was still covered in sweat, both mine and Asher's. Thinking about it in those terms, it was disgusting. But letting my mind drift back to the actual memory was far from.

With the bathroom door locked and the shower running, I stopped and looked at myself in the mirror. I still looked the same. No big, dramatic change. Last night I was a virgin, now I wasn't. That was it. And yet, the change felt big to me. I was no longer a virgin.

My head kept floating around that concept as I took a quick shower, threw my damp hair up in a bun, and pulled on a comfortable outfit. Ky was waiting for me downstairs at the kitchen table. When he saw me, he nodded towards the door. Could he tell? Did he know what happened? Or was he in for a rude awakening?

"We're going out. Be back by noon," Ky called yelled up the stairs. There was a muffled response from both parents, who were still in bed.

Ky ended up driving. He always did. By now, the car was more his than mine, despite the fact that it was supposed to be shared. The entire car ride, we listened to pop punk that we shared interest in and talked about things that didn't really matter. But we both knew the heavy conversation was looming just in front of us.

We'd been coming to this diner for breakfast with each other for about a year. Once we both had our licenses and the car. It was a place for us to go that was out of the house when we didn't have any plans. Now, seated in a booth in the back corner, we were sipping cups of coffee and waiting for our orders to come.

Sucking in a deep breath, Ky said, "So, I'm guessing you told Asher about... you know."

I nodded once. My lips pressed together tightly, I set my cup back on the table. "I couldn't exactly hide it. He could tell how upset I was. Couldn't just brush it off."

Ky nodded it off, more calm than I'd expected. But he didn't say anything else.

"So, are you going to give me the story? What's been going on here?" I asked.

He took a bit to start speaking. "I lost my virginity to her in Tenth Grade. It was only ever just sex. Nothing more."

"And you kept it to yourself."

"We agreed to keep it a secret. I don't know, neither of us wanted anyone to know. Rumors spread, people would have called her a whore. It was our business."

"And you didn't stop when she started dating Ben." Out of it all, that was the part I was the most angry about. I could understand them wanting to keep it between them. But Ky willingly being a part of this? Sleeping with his friend's girlfriend?

"We did. Honestly. I just... never stopped thinking about it. And one night we were hanging out, and one thing led to another. It's not right, and we get that, but we're in too deep now."

"I don't think you're in too deep to stop fucking your friend's girlfriend unless you knocked her up."

Ky laughed with half a grin. "We've already proven we can't keep our hands off each other."