Season 3 - Episode 3 | REVISED

"You lying, manipulative son of a bitch!" Scarlet screeched. She went in for another hit, but I snatched her arms and held her back. I wouldn't deny that Ky deserved it. But after drinking God knew how much and taking a beating from Asher, I didn't trust him not to hurt her.

"Are you fucking kidding me, Aspen?" Ky screamed. I'd never seen him so angry with me.

"Right, it's Aspen's fault you kept sticking your dick in that slut," Scarlet snapped, losing her composure and pulling herself out of my grip.

Desperately, Ky said, "Come on, this isn't as bad as it sounds."

"No, you know what you did," Scarlet spat. "I hope it feels good knowing you tricked me into losing my virginity to you while you were sleeping with some whore behind my back."

Ky swallowed hard. For the first time, he seemed ashamed of the fact that he had betrayed Scarlet so horribly. He kept his eyes on the ground, blurting out any words he could find. "H-how can I make this right?"

"You actually think you could?" she demanded. "How would you even begin to? I told you I was afraid, and you lied to get what you wanted. Apparently I don't matter to you at all, do I?"

"That's not true!"

"I don't believe that you know what 'true' is."

"Scar-"

"No!" Scarlet wiped at her face with her wrists, smudging her eyeliner onto her cheek. "Don't you get it? You can't make it right. I can't trust you anymore. We're done. Done being a couple, done playing the game together, done being associated at all. Don't fucking talk to me."

Scarlet shook her head, turning in my direction. My stomach turned. Now it was my turn.

"I'm sorry," I tried.

Scarlet pressed her lips together for a moment, tears streaming down her face as she stared at her glittering party shoes. "I don't like that you took so long to tell me, but thank you for finally saying something."

When I couldn't find something to say, Scarlet left the room. Ky and I both stared out the empty doorway for a moment. The tension in the room continued to tighten. Every horrible moment replayed in my mind, tormenting me with no escape.

"Fuck you!" Ky yelled, catching Asher's cheek with a suckerpunch that threw he backwards onto the bed. Asher grasped at his face.

"Asshole," he growled, getting back on his feet.

"You think you're the hero here?" Ky spat.

"Hey!" I cried. "Don't you dare start throwing punches again."

Ky's lips were pressed into an ugly frown. He stared at me.

"This is why I didn't want you hanging out with him," Ky said, pointing in Asher's face. "You've turned into a real bitch."

Before I could say anything, he stormed out of the room and slammed the door behind him.

All of the adrenaline and intensity that was giving me strength dissipated, and I collapsed onto the bed, sobs coming with such force I could barely breathe.

"He's wrong," Asher said. "You're not a bitch for getting Scarlet away from him."

"He hates me," I managed to say. I couldn't stop bawling, no matter how painful the force felt on my face or my chest.

"This wasn't your fault. You didn't cheat on her."

"I broke my promise, and now my best friend hates me."