Seventeen

its been a 2 weeks since he left, its been 2 weeks that I last felt happy. I've never felt lonelier. I came home from collage and unlocked the door. I threw my bag on the chair and walked into the kitchen. my mum was lying face down on the floor, a bottle of whiskey in her band and another wine bottle smashed by her side. " really, you've passed out again" I yelled. she didn't move, I nudged her leg but still no response. I knelt down beside her and grabbed her hand. her skin was cold as ice, she was paler then usual. "mum" I yelled. I called the ambulance and they directed me into putting her in a recovery position.

"place two fingers on her neck and press slightly to check for a pulse" the lady directed. I did as she said but after a minute of me desperately trying to find It, I couldn't. it wasn't there. "she doesn't have one" I answered. he ambulance arrived a few minutes later and I sat on the floor hugging her lifeless body. she was pronounced dead at 5:28, that moment I felt dead too.

I couldn't bring myself to collage for the next week, anyone that knocked at the door never received a reply and the neighbours flowers they bought me went straight in the bin. nothing anyone did would help. The funeral passed by quick, I was the only one that went. I didn't have any family and my mum never made friends so I went alone.

I also received £30 000 off my mum, turns out she had money to pay all the bills with. I worked my arse off everyday to keep this house when she could have done it herself. my mother had been left £5 000 000 off her parents who were both dead so the money went straight to me. learning about all this money made me see there was no point in staying here, it made me realise my family must have been rich, it made me want to find y family so I wouldn't be alone so i decided to hire someone to track my father down. turns out there wasn't much to find but i found a name and a country  he lived in, his name is Luca Roberto and he lives in Sicily, Italy.