Twenty three

I knocked on the door, my father wanted to see me. It sounded so weird to say father after all these years.
"Come in" he commanded. I pushed the door open, it was quite heavy.
"Come sit down, we have to talk" he said. I sat down and nodded. So what's the convo today?
"I have to tell you something important, you might already have a slight idea. This is top Secret, it can put you in a lot of danger even cause your death but you are my daughter and I will protect you" he said sternly "do you understand me?" He questioned "ye I do" I replied "the reason your mother left, is because I'm part of the mafia, I'm leader of a gang. I obviously cause a lot of harm and I'm a danger to people. They fear me. She left to protect you, she changed her name so I wouldn't find either of you" he told me. I just looked at him and smiled "I already guessed, I mean I'm really not that surprised. A normal man wouldn't have a prison like that in his home after all" I kinda joked "well yes but surely you seem to calm, and you have no questions?" He asked. Little does he know that the man I fell in love with...
Wait no,
I liked, is a better choice of words
Was leader of another mafia. I couldn't say anything though, I don't break my promises
"Well I... guess I don't get that surprised, I understand anyway. Besides it's your business and it's not really necessarily my business" I smiled well it wasn't a lie..
"Ok great, oh and we are having a party this evening, all my men will be there and a few others for some deals. I will announce you as my daughter so they all know never to hurt you my love" he said. "Oh great, so how many people we talking?" I asked "around 400" he answered. "Great but uh I have nothing to wear" I panicked. "Take your maid. Mira right? To go shopping. Pick what ever dress, shoes and jewellery you like. You will be the bell of the ball" he insisted handing me his credit card. Now I didn't want to be a gold digger and a spoiled little princess but I suppose it would make up for all the Christmas and birthdays and other celebrations he missed. Surly that's ok. It's only 1 time
That's it I persuade myself.
"Thank you dad, love ya. I better get shopping!!" I yelled in excitement while running out. I heard him laugh.
"Mira get your arse here!" I yelled sprinting down the corridor.